Malwarebytes, the popular anti-malware company, has just upped its tech game with the latest Malwarebytes 3.0 Beta, that comes with an advanced combination of every Malwarebytes technology, including anti-malware, anti-exploit, anti-ransomware, web protection and more.
What’s new in Malware 3.0 Premium?
The makers of the application have deconstructed the small bits of their previous edition, and built a new one from ground up. Malwarebytes Premium 3.0, besides removing the most advanced malware and spyware, now offers a wide range of new and improved security features, all gathered into a single product. The software is a definite upgrade from the conventional anti-virus running on most users’ devices.
Getting into the design specs of the software, the main entry points of the software are now displayed on the side. Important notifications and modules of the app are indicated on the right side panel, including real-time protection status and information from the very last scan.
Advanced ease of accessibility allows users to run a manual scan of the system with just a singular click. There is also a more advanced array of settings and options available to users for heightened customization, for instance, allowing them to enable the scanning for rootkits under protection, which is disabled by default.
Malwarebytes Premium 3.0 changelog:
Performance / Protective Capability
- Added signature-less anti-exploit and anti-ransomware protection (Premium only)
- Up to 4x faster scan speeds, including even quicker Hyper Scans
- Removed non-essential reboots after certain malware removal events
- Advanced Heuristic Engine (Shuriken) now enabled by default
- Self-Protection now enabled by default (Premium only)
- Redesigned user interface for improved usability
- Now configurable to integrate with Windows Action Center / Windows Security Center (Premium only)
- Update checks are done automatically so they do not need to be scheduled
- Improved support for keyboard navigation and screen readers
Stability / Issues Fixed
- Added ability to lock down My Account screen via User Access Policy
- Added ability to collect enhanced logs when directed to do so by Support
- Fixed issue where Scheduler did not adjust for Daylight Saving Time changes
- Fixed issue where Scheduler defaulted to hourly Threat Scan instead of Daily
- Fixed issue where Chameleon reported error messages numerous times to Windows Event Viewer
- Changed ‘Recover if missed by’ setting in Scheduler to Off by default
- Prevented rootkit scanning in Custom Scans if full system drive is not selected
- Updated to latest version of 7-Zip DLL
- Addressed many other miscellaneous defects
The updated product now scans your machine for infected files 4 times faster for just $39.99 per year. Comparatively, both Anti-Malware and Anti-Exploit are available for $24.95 per year, which is 20% less than previous products combined and 33% less than an average traditional antivirus, while malware remediation will remain absolutely free. An anti-ransomware feature is offered as a beta currently only.
An important note, the beta version will automatically update any existing Malwarebytes Anti-Malware, Anti-Exploit and Anti-Ransomware installations to a 14-day trial of Malwarebytes 3.0. Once you have removed the beta, you need to reinstall any older packages manually.
RELATED STORIES YOU NEED TO CHECK OUT:
- ScanGuard Antivirus: Here’s what you need to know about it
- Beware: Karma ransomware cloaks itself as helpful utility program
- Zepto ransomware is back, Windows Defender can’t block it
- How to remove the win32/subtab!blnk virus from Windows PCs