5 best map design software for Windows 10 [2018 List]
Maps are essential tools for planning and making decisions for businesses in various industries. A while ago, companies were constrained to rely on skilled cartographers for making the maps that they required for different tasks. All this changed with the development of the Global Information System aka GIS that is basically a computer-based system that analyzes and presents various geographical data into readable maps.
GIS-based software makes it possible nowadays that even inexperienced people who have never attended a cartography class in their lives can create useful maps.
And every business these days starting from telecoms, retail, mining, transport or construction companies to local authorities, governments and non-governmental organizations usually will use some kind of mapping.
Here are five of the best such software that you can currently find on the market. Make sure to check out their best features and functionalities so that you can eventually make the best-informed decision.
ArcGIS online mapping tools are some robust but straightforward ways so that any user regardless of their experience is able to make and share complex maps effortlessly. This software is able to provide complete and comprehensive support for maps, applications and much more.
The sophisticated features and functionalities that are packed in this software include maps, analytics, apps, collaborations, administration and more.
Take a look at the key features that you will be able to enjoy while you are using ArcGIS:
- The service is cloud-based, and it was designed from scratch to automatically scale to meet peak periods of demand.
- Regardless of the number of the viewers that you may have, the program will scale everything for you without having to install and manage anything.
- ArcGIS provides mapping applications and tools that will make it much easier to work and share your work with others as well.
- The tool comes packed with a massive suite of base maps, high-res imagery, and also with the highest rated demographic information.
- You will be able to make 2D and 3D maps using the built-in map viewer and scene viewer.
- You can also access maps and various layers on hundreds of topics in the Living Atlas of the World which is a vast collection of the Esri community that is continuously growing.
- With this software, you will be able to offer your coworkers the ability of self-service mapping as well.
All the mapping tools that are included in this program are sophisticated but easy to use by everyone in your organization regardless of their skills.
You can learn more about this software and start using ArcGIS on the official website of the tool.
CARTO is another excellent and useful mapping software. It’s basically a platform for turning location data into a fantastic business outcome. This program is a self-service business user app targeted at spatial analysis and visualization.
Check out the main features and functionalities that are included into this handy tool:
- The CARTO builder allows analytics to be performed via the drag-and-drop feature.
- This is a tool that will definitely empower business analysts to optimize operations and also quickly deploy location apps.
- You will not have to be chained anymore to the legacy GIS products or processes, and instead, you will be the one who controls the power of location intelligence.
- The customer support provided by this software is beyond excellent, and the team continually provides and required help as quickly and efficiently as possible.
- The software lets users display massive datasets that have been created and this way you will get the chance to convey an enormous amount of data.
- The latest version of this software is genuinely improved compared to the previous ones, and you will get the ability to move data points with the click of a mouse without having to manually change all the long and lat numbers.
- The CARTO Engine delivers rapid application deployments with software development libraries, cloud-managed databases, APIs and more.
- Using this tool, you will be able to enjoy one of the fastest ways for increased impact on your organization or business.
- You can also augment your data and broaden your analysis with thousands of economic, demographics and real estate data sets.
You can check out a lot more features and functionalities that are included in this software, and you can start using CARTO right now by heading to its official website.
Maptitude Mapping Software
The Maptitude Geographic Information System is a software that offers users the ability to use maps and the necessary demographic data that you need to analyze and understand the complex ways in which geography can help your business.
Just take a look at the best features that are included in this software:
- The program helps you analyze and visualize information in innovatory ways, and it can quickly convey that data.
- Maptitude Mapping Software gives users everything they need in order to achieve the benefits of desktop mapping and spatial analysis.
- You will be able to see where the sales are highest and know precisely where the customers are located.
- You will also be able to find hidden opportunities and spot geographic trends and patterns that cannot be seen in database tables and spreadsheets as well.
- Using Maptitude Mapping Software, you can finally answer all the geographic questions that have an increased impact on your business.
This software packs a wealthy set of features and functionalities, and it will offer you the option to use its enhanced features to make it much easier for you to create and edit maps even if you are not an advanced map enthusiast.
You can find out even more features that are included in this software by visiting Maptitude Mapping Software’s official website where you can also buy this handy tool. All the necessary information about pricing and more will be on the website as well.
Map Business Online
Map Business Online is another great tool that lets users create complex maps regardless of their experience in mapping. This is an affordable, accessible and fast software that has been used by tons of businesses for quite a while and it’s still a favorite option.
Companies have been using this software in order to better organize and analyze their organizations from a geographical point of view.
Check out more functionalities and benefits of using this piece of software:
- With the help of this mapping software, small and large businesses can create custom maps of their sales territories, expansion and workflows as well.
- All you have to do is to import an Excel spreadsheet of the business information and then you will get the chance to analyze your customers, business resources, and prospects.
- Using Map Business Online, you will be able to make the most informed decision for your organization’s success.
- This tool can be seen as a replacement for Microsoft MapPoint for your business.
- After visualizing your customers and competition, you will be able to expand the business intelligence and plan the future more strategically.
- You will be able to drive the sales accountability and the growth of your business.
- You will also get the chance to communicate with maps and leverage the power of your colleagues and teams by setting up map editing features.
Check out more benefits that you can enjoy if you do decide to try Map Business Online and head over to its official website to find out more information related to the software.
This mapping software will help you transform your business information into maps in just a few seconds. eSpatial is an easy-to-use cloud based mapping software that provides users with sophisticated mapping services. With the help of this tool, you can understand data and the connection to geography.
Just take a look at the best features that are packed in this software:
- This complete mapping solution lets you dive deep into the data of your organization with advanced analysis features.
- You will get the chance to share your findings precisely with others with various styling options.
- Using the fantastic Territory Builder, you can design and assign territories effortlessly even if you don’t have tons of experience.
- You will be able to help your team work better and more productively.
- Using this tool, you will feel supported at all times with a superior customer support service.
This great product is used by lots of non-profit organizations and commercial enterprises throughout the world. To see if it’s suitable for your needs as well, check out more of its features on the official website of eSpatial.
No matter which of this mapping software you will decide to use, you’ll be able to increase your organization’s productivity in the long term. Just make sure to check these tools’ complete sets of features before making your final decision.
RELATED STORIES TO CHECK OUT:
The best map design tools that you can use in 2018
Andromeda is the codename for a foldable Windows Core OS mobile device that Microsoft is reputedly developing. That could be a new Surface Phone, a […]
If you enrolled in the Windows Insider Program, you can now download and test Windows 10 build 17677 on your computer. This build release brings a […]