A media player is a computer program for playing multimedia files like videos, movies, and music. There are various player software that can read different types of file formats.
Most of the Media players feature standard media control icons similar to the ones from physical devices like tape recorders and CD players, such as the buttons for play, pause, forward, and stop.
Windows Media Player 12 is included in the clean installs of Windows 10. WMP includes Flip Video and it can also play songs from the iTunes library if they are unprotected.
WMP was improved with capabilities like organizing the digital media collection, sync digital media files with portable devices, shop online for digital media content, and more.
We are going to mention just 3 of the best media players for Windows 10 and you check out some more articles where we covered detailed lists of specific media players:
- VLC Media Player is perhaps the most popular media player in the world, being a free, open-source cross-platform multimedia player
- GOM Player is definitely a famous name on our shortlist, and one of the best-known video players, in general
- KMPlayer is a freeware media player that boasts a 300 million+ user base
Useful tips for Windows media players
- The best cross-platform media players to use
- 7 best media software for PC to enjoy crystal clear videos
- 5 best media center software for Windows PC users
- Windows Media Player Crashes in Windows 10/8.1 [QUICK FIX]
For more comprehensive solutions for media players issues or any other PC apps and tools, don’t hesitate to visit our Computer Software section.