Microsoft rolls out April update for Surface 3 for better mobile broadband stability
Microsoft has released the April update for 4G LTE Surface 3 devices for Verizon, AT&T, non-AT&T carriers. The updates improve mobile broadband network stability offering a better user experience.
The updates available for Surface 3 on Verizon 4G LTE are:
- Surface IA7260 Firmware Update (v1544.2.00.29) improves mobile broadband network stability.
The updates rolled out for Surface 3 (AT&T 4G LTE) and Surface 3 (4G LTE) in North America (non-AT&T) are:
- Surface IA7260 Firmware Update (v15184.108.40.206) improves mobile broadband network stability.
Surface updates are rolled out in stages via the Windows Update service. Therefore, Surface users will not all receive the update at the same time. If you have not received the update, you can manually check Windows Update.
To do this, Go to Start > select Settings > Update & security > Windows Update and select Check for updates.
If updates are available, the system will automatically install them. Restart your Surface after that to make sure the updates have properly been installed.
The April update follows the updates from February since Microsoft did not release any Surface 3 updates in March. The February update improved charging and the touchpad by recalibrating it.
It is good to see that Microsoft still provides updates for its older devices. Surface 3 is still a very popular device, so it is not surprising that Microsoft still cares about it and continues to improve its performance.
You can buy Surface 3 from the Microsoft Store for $499.00 for the 64 GB version. If you need a superior storage capacity, choose the 128 GB version for $649.00 and save $50. The device sports a 10.8″ Full HD touchscreen display, is Windows 10 equipped and includes a 1-year Office 365 Personal subscription valued at $69.99.
RELATED STORIES YOU NEED TO CHECK OUT:
- Microsoft Releases Early 2016 Updates for Surface 3 & Surface Pro 3
- Fix: Surface 3 Pro Pen Doesn’t Open OneNote in Windows 10
- Surface Book, Surface Pro 4 get performance improvements and better power management in mammoth update
- Buy a Surface Book or Surface Pro 4, get a free wireless Xbox controller or $100 discount on Surface Dock
If you’re new to Waze and want to know how to change the guiding voice in your app, then you came to the right place. […]
One of the biggest differences between Waze and other GPS navigation software is the alerts system. Waze benefits from a user input system that allows […]