Microsoft recently announced its new Azure Kinect device — the most advanced version of its Kinect depth sensing device. The announcement was made at the Mobile World Congress.
The plan for introducing the system was announced last year. While announcing the new gadget, Microsoft’s corporate vice president for Azure marketing Julia White said:
The Microsoft Azure Kinect is a new intelligence edge device that enables the developers to create a wide range of Al- Powered experiences.
Azure Kinect is designed to work in collaboration with Windows 10 and Ubuntu 18.04. The good thing about this device that makes it more desirable is that it does not require any cloud service for its operation.
It means that it can operate with or without a cloud service making it perfect for a number of activities and applications. As Julia White said at the conference: “It will work for a range of computing types”.
Microsoft Azure Kinect specs
Its size is about weight 444.96 X4.05X1.53. This advanced artificial intelligence sensing device is powered by a USB type -C connector. It contains parts which make it useful in a variety of fields such as life sciences, health, and retail etc.
Other interesting specs include:
- 2 cameras. One is a depth camera which is 1-megapixel and second is high definition 12-megapixel camera for videos.
- External sync pins for multiple azures, to collect a large amount of data. This feature makes the system suitable for commercial purposes.
- An array of seven microphones for high-level detail hearing.
- Inertial sensors consisting of Accelerometer and Gyroscope for sensor orientation and spatial tracking.
- The most amazing thing that you should know is that the size of this sophisticated device is 444.96X4.05X1.53.
This small magical device weighs only 440g, but it concentrates all these features. Microsoft further announced that this device is only for commercial and business purposes and developers can pre-order for $399.
RELATED STORIES TO CHECK OUT: