Microsoft announced some official changes last month including the fact that Terry Myerson left the company. Satya Nadella’s plans regarding these organizational changes include enabling Microsoft to have more responsibility across all Solution Areas.
He sent an email to all Microsoft employees in which he described in-depth plans for reorganizing the company.
Today, I’m announcing the formation of two new engineering teams to accelerate our innovation and better serve the needs of our customers and partners long into the future.
You can read the entire email on Microsoft’s official website.
- Panos Panay becomes the new Chief Product Officer at Microsoft being responsible for hardware efforts.
- Joe Belfiore becomes the leader of the Windows experiences team.
- Brad Anderson continues to lead Enterprise Mobility and Management efforts.
- Scott Guthrie will lead a new team working on Cloud and AI Platform.
- Jason Zander becomes the new EVP of Azure.
- Alex Kipman will lead the new AI Perception & Mixed Reality (MR).
- Microsoft’s AI and Ethics in Engineering and Research (AETHER) Committee will have a primary target the proactive formulation of internal policies related to AI.
New potential changes
Microsoft continues working on internal changes among the executive leadership of the company. The tech giant already revealed in March that some significant changes would take place with the executive leadership and new engineering teams will be added. Now, more changes are taking place inside the company.
- Joe Belfiore, leader of The Windows experiences team, is responsible from now on for more areas including OneNote, Education, and Wunderlist/To-Do.
- The Outlook team led by Gaurav Sareen, Corporate Vice President of Outlook, Yammer and Office 365 Groups, takes the Skype Consumer team under its umbrella.
The changes have been announced by ZDNet’s Mary Jo Foley, but Microsoft hasn’t officially confirmed anything for now.
RELATED STORIES TO CHECK OUT:
- Fix: Skype latest version is not working on Windows 10
- Skype’s new Content Creator mode is going to attract more live streamers
- Skype Credit and subscriptions are unavailable for some, fix incoming