Skype will soon receive Messaging Everywhere for consumers
A couple of days ago, Microsoft offered us the first return of the Messaging Everywhere service for Windows Insiders on the Fast Ring. This let users send messages both through Skype and SMSusing PCs or mobile devices
The Insider Update also included other changes, such as a new button for “Add Contact”, support for URI schemes in Skype and the option of hiding conversations. However, it seems that Microsoft won’t stop improving and developing here. In the following months, its plans to introduce these upgrades as well as some others. Along with Windows Insiders, regular consumers are also expected to receive the changes. But what are they?
- An easier process of calling. For instance, you will be able to start a conversation or call right from the profile page. You will also have some new device settings for audio and video, some improvements with loudspeakers and now a group call will continue even if the initiator of the call leaves.
- Messaging will improve too. There will be changes in the way you copy and paste messages, in the previewing a URL in your chat, in the status of the message (sent/unsent), the keyboard shortcuts, the read/unread indicator, video messages, dragging and dropping URLs straight from browsers or files/photos and many, many more.
- Last but not least, there will be other additional updates too, which include a better back navigation through the button, transparent tiles, the video calls going to loudspeakers by default etc.
Fans seem to be really happy about the fact that Microsoft is getting really involved in improving the Skype experience and that the company does indeed care about the satisfaction its users enjoy with the app.
RELATED STORIES TO CHECK OUT:
- Microsoft updates Skype app for Linux users
- Messaging Everywhere removed from Windows 10 Messaging App, integrated into Skype UWP
- Microsoft is working on Skype Teams, a direct Slack competitor
Blu-ray is, without doubt, the most powerful video content hub today, which is a marked improvement to the preceding DVD medium. However, its convenience of […]
Microsoft PowerPoint presentations usually contain important, sometimes classified, documents. Hence, most people tend to password-protect such documents against unauthorized access. However, what happens if you […]
The reception desk is the face and voice of any organization. An automated receptionist software simplifies the entire process of visitor management. Whether it’s the customer, […]