Insiders can now access Google sites on Microsoft Edge again
The latest Windows 10 Creators Update build brings an important bug fix for the Edge browser that blocked Insiders from accessing Google websites since November.
Microsoft acknowledged this issue only recently when it released build 15019. At first, many Insiders jokingly suggested that Microsoft is blocking users from accessing Google’s websites, but they quickly lost patience when they saw that several weeks had gone without the bug being fixed.
More specifically, when Insiders tried to access various Google websites, they were informed that their browser was not secure enough.
Some websites in Microsoft Edge may unexpectedly show “We can’t reach this page”. If you encounter this, please try accessing the site from an InPrivate tab.
Microsoft fixes bug preventing Edge from accessing Google websites
In response, Microsoft implemented a new security model that further enhances user security and now Edge is secure enough for Google’s security standards.
Windows Insiders should no longer have trouble connecting to certain Google sites due to an implementation of a new security model being rolled out to further enhance user security.
The latest Windows 10 build also fixes a series of other bugs affecting Microsoft Edge:
- Extensions in Microsoft Edge are back to working as expected.
- Microsoft fixed the issue resulting in Microsoft Edge sometimes freezing for a short after using CTRL+C to copy selected text in the address bar.
- Microsoft also fixed the issue resulting in the shadows behind the set aside tabs in Microsoft Edge not being as dark as expected – the thumbnails should pop more now.
Have you noticed other Edge improvements after installing the latest Windows 10 Creators Update build?
RELATED STORIES YOU NEED TO CHECK OUT:
- Microsoft Edge’s market share grows, but Chrome still rules Windows PCs
- Microsoft Edge can now read your ebooks out loud to you
- Microsoft Edge now blocks Flash by default and makes it click-to-run
- How to restore previous sessions in Microsoft Edge
6 solutions to fix Unhandled Exception Errors Perform clean boot Perform SFC scan Run the Hardware Troubleshooter Perform virus scan Un-install and re-installing .NET Framework […]
The yuletide season is here and shopping has already reached frenzied proportions. Also, your mom and dad are easily among the most important persons you […]
Trying to run the Trusted Platform Module (TPM) Management console in Windows 10 can often lead to the Cannot load management console error. This again […]