The Windows 10 Creators Update has added a series of interesting new features and improvements to the Edge browser. And although Microsoft’s favorite browser is now more reliable and faster, many users are still not impressed. In this article, we’re going to show you what exactly users hate about its latest version.
In a recently launched Reddit thread, many Creators Update users listed the reasons why they think that Microsoft Edge is still unimpressive.
Microsoft Edge shortcomings
- Middle mouse button can’t be used to duplicate tabs when hitting refresh and can’t be used to open Home, Previous or Next Page in a new tab.
- Edge randomly tells users to check their Proxy settings when using proxy.
- Importing and sorting bookmarks is a pain. Users can’t drag the URL into the bookmarks bar. Dragging from the bookmark folder to the bookmarks bar is not available.
- Ask Cortana forces you to use Bing and cannot be used on user inputted text. Moreover, the OS highlights this feature even in regions where it’s not available.
- There is no “Copy download link” option in downloads.
- Maximizing a YouTube tab, then switching the video to fullscreen hides Edge’s title bar under the taskbar after you close the video.
- Hitting ESC key does not interrupt loading website instantly.
- Lots of extensions are still unavailable on Edge.
- Edge sometimes doesn’t load the previously opened tabs and opens from scratch.
- Some website are not working very well with Edge.
- Switching between tabs is laggy and trying to move them is glitchy. Sometimes tabs get stuck one inside the other.
Has the Windows 10 Creators Update convinced you to switch to Edge? Or are you waiting for Microsoft to further polish the browser?
RELATED STORIES YOU NEED TO CHECK OUT:
- Microsoft Edge’s market share grows, but Chrome still rules Windows PCs
- Edge vs Chrome: here’s what makes Microsoft stronger than Google