- Microsoft Edge continues to develop even more new features that aim at enhancing the user experience.
- The Performance mode and Add text to PDF are Microsoft Edge's latest features and they can be tested easily.
- The Performance mode feature, helps you optimize the speed, responsiveness, memory, CPU, and battery usage.
- Thanks to the Add text to PDF feature, you will be able to directly add text to your PDF when you open it on your browser.
With the latest Microsoft Edge update, we could see some pretty amazing improvements that have put this browser in the spotlight, and it seems as though things will not stop here.
Microsoft Edge Performance mode and the Add text to PDF are the two latest features that users can test for themselves and see how they like them.
The newest features of Microsoft Edge are now available to use in Windows 10 for Insiders or in the Edge Canary channel.
Microsoft Edge performance mode
- To enable the performance mode, open Edge Canary and go to Settings.
- Choose System and in the Performance on are choose Always on.
- Make sure that you have the Canary Build 91.0.856.0 or higher, otherwise, this option will not show up.
This Performance mode feature, as the description is saying, allows you to optimize speed, responsiveness, memory, CPU, and battery usage.
You will also notice that once you activate this feature, the sleeping tabs will become unavailable.
Moreover, although this is a controlled feature rollout, you can turn it on by using the following code:
Add text to PDF
This feature is a great addition for many users, especially for those that are working with PDF’s a lot. Right now if you want to add a text to PDF, you would need to download it first, save it localy and add the text afterward.
With this feature, once the PDF opens in your browser you can simply add text to it, without having to perform any additional steps.
Again, in order to benefit from testing this option, you will need to have the Microsoft Edge Canary build Version 91.0.859.0.
Have you tried any of the above-mentioned features and what are your thoughts about them? As always, don’t hesitate to leave us a message in the comments section below.