Microsoft Edge Snooze is no longer available, but could make a comeback
The latest Windows 10 build introduces a series of interesting new features, such as Paint 3D, but also removes one useful Edge feature. Microsoft introduced Edge Snooze with build 14926, but decided to remove it on its latest build based on Insiders’ feedback.
As a quick reminder, the Snooze option gave users the possibility to save a certain website in Microsoft Edge as a Cortana reminder. When you didn’t have enough time to visit a website, but didn’t want to forget about visiting it in the future, you could ask Cortana to remind you about it.
Microsoft Edge Snooze worked just like any other type of Cortana reminders. When the time you set in Cortana comes, the reminder would show up, and you could access your site directly from that reminder.
Microsoft removes the Edge Snooze option
First introduced to Insiders in Build 14926, the experimental “Snooze” action on a tab in Microsoft Edge which provides you with a way to set a Cortana reminder on the website you are viewing is no longer available. Based on data we gathered and feedback we received, we decided to remove it from the product and re-evaluate the feature for a future release.
In others words, Microsoft Edge Snooze wasn’t reliable enough, and the Insider Team will continue to work on it in order to further improve it. If the testing phase goes well, we may see the Edge Snooze option make a comeback with the upcoming Windows 10 builds.
Speaking of Edge, build 14971 fixes a series of issues affecting the browser, as follows:
- “We fixed an issue where, as closing multiple tabs with middle click in Microsoft Edge, the width of the tabs might change, resulting in potentially unexpectedly closing the wrong tab.
- We fixed an issue where the copy link option when right-clicking a hyperlink in Microsoft Edge wasn’t work.
- We fixed an issue where, if you changed the size of the Microsoft Edge window, and then closed the app by closing the final tab, the next time Microsoft Edge is launched it would once again be the default size, rather than retaining the preferred window size.
- We fixed an issue where pinned tabs in Microsoft Edge were not being restored.’
Do you agree with Microsoft’s decision to remove the Edge Snooze option?
RELATED STORIES YOU NEED TO CHECK OUT:
- Firefox and Chrome can’t match Microsoft Edge security standards
- Microsoft Edge will be the world’s first browser to support 3D
- How to fix Microsoft Edge crash problems on Windows 10 builds
The error You do not have the necessary privilege to create new virtual machines appears in the cases in which the user doesn’t have enough […]
Microsoft released their Q4 earnings for 2019 an it’s all good news. The giant registered amazing growth on all departments, increasing its share price by […]
Microsoft released the latest 1908 Xbox One system update for the members of the Xbox One Preview Alpha Ring. Along with it also comes the […]