- Microsoft has recently pushed two new features to its Microsoft Family Safety app and kept it on the hush.
- The new features include Drive Safety and Location Alerts and are only available for Microsoft 365 Family subscribers.
- Check out our Microsoft Section for more Microsoft-related guides, fixes, and news.
- Visit our News Hub to keep in touch with the latest software, hardware, and tech updates.
This year has been a busy one for the Microsoft crew, so it’s no surprise that they keep some of the updates they push on the hush. Take the latest update for the Microsoft Family Safety app for instance.
App users received two new premium perks. Namely, we’re talking about the Drive Safety and Location Alerts features.
What is the Microsoft Family Safety app?
Microsoft Family Safety is a nifty app that enables you to protect your dear ones’ physical and digital lives. The app is available on iOS and Android devices since July 28, 2020, and can be downloaded and used for free.
The app comprises handy features such as weekly activity reports, screen time limit controls, web browsing, and search filters, as well as purchase request emails.
Furthermore, Microsoft Family Safety allows parents to receive screen time requests, and block or unblock certain apps on their children’s devices.
Two new features for Microsoft 365 Family subscribers
Recently, Microsoft has pushed two new premium features for users with a Microsoft 365 Family subscription. To be more specific, these new features are:
- Drive Safety – aiming to help users develop healthy practices behind the wheel and providing with reports on driving behavior
- Location Alerts – this feature notifies you whenever a family member leaves a location or arrives at their destination
Reportedly, some new developments are in the works to allow iOS users to benefit from digital health features such as content filtering or screen time.
The new features are somewhat restricted
On the downside, the two new features are only available for Android users. iOS users will have to wait a little longer for these perks to arrive on their devices.
Additionally, the Drive Safety features will be available exclusively in the US, UK, Canada, and Australia. It’s not exactly certain if more locations will be added in the future.