Microsoft Groove Music app is now fully universal on Windows 10
The latest update for Microsoft Groove Music is now available for Windows 10 Mobile users, and it brings with it a ton of new features. The update was previously available only for Windows Insiders, but now the software giant is confident all can use it.
The important aspect of this news is the fact that the Groove Music app is now fully universal. The codebase is shared across mobile and PC, and we’re sure it won’t take long for it to share the same codes across Xbox One and HoloLens.
Microsoft engineer Ellen Kilbourne, made the announcement on Twitter.
— Ellen Kilbourne (@ellenment) April 20, 2016
Here’s a list of features fans should expect from Groove Music:
- We added extra telemetry to playback errors so that we can continue to improve the app
- We removed the app’s dependencies on Xbox Live which means you don’t need an Xbox Live account to use Groove (and sign-in is much faster and more reliable)!
- It’s easier to tell what’s happening when Groove is sync’ing your collection for the first time.
- You’ll see “Unknown Artists” less often in your collection because the app looks at both song artist and album artist metadata.
- The process we use to show additional metadata to what’s in your local files is 10x faster and gives better results
- The app defaults to Explore for search results if you have a Groove Music Pass and you have don’t have a limited data plan.
- When viewing artists, you can view their work by albums or songs. Try it by selecting “Songs view” when viewing an artist.
- Radio stations can be started from albums and songs – the app will start the radio based on the artist.
- The app now shows your collection size at the top of the collection views.
- On mobile, background art fills the screen so that it’s seen under the system icons at the top.
- You can use ‘Refine’ to filter your collection by source (OneDrive, Pass, Purchased, On this device only).
- If something gets really out of whack in your collection, you can now choose to ‘Reset’ your cloud collection.
- The ‘hotlinks’ in Album reviews and Artist bios now work on mobile.
- We added a simple lockscreen setting for Continuum. We made lots of styling updates for Continuum too!
The update should be available for Windows 10 Mobile right now. If you haven’t seen it yet, just keep holding out because it will come eventually. We can say for sure that it is an improvement over the previous version, but if you’re just a person who listens to music without the bells and whistles, chances are, the changes may fly over your head.
Microsoft scheduled major maintenance works for Xbox Live on February, 19 but the effects are still visible today. The maintenance was scheduled between 2:00PM UTC and 6:00PM […]
One of the issues that affect the otherwise awesome HP Connection Manager utility is the HP connection manager fatal error problem. The program, created to […]