Microsoft IoT solutions detailed in Windows 10 Fall Creators Update
Microsoft just detailed the brand new features that will reach the Windows 10 IoT together with the Fall Creators Update. The update delivers speed, intelligence, and security to Windows 10 IoT solutions.
Windows 10 IoT comes with enhanced Assigned Access support, and it also supports customization of the cursor style blink rate, brightness and more in 2×20 line displays.
Essential IoT features
- NET API surface for UWP apps – thousands of APIs were added.
- Improved ink support on Windows 10 IoT Core – it allows developers to use DirectInk APIs for the highlighter, vector-based ink, and pencil.
- Expanded Assigned Access – this allows running multiple UWP and Win32 apps in an experience that can be configured from the cloud.
- Updated language capabilities on Windows 10 IoT – Chinese (Simplified, China), English (United Kingdom), English (United States), French (France), French (Canada), Spanish (Spain, International Sort), Spanish (Mexico).
- Enabled Emergency Management Services on Windows 10 IoT Core – an alternate communication channel was included.
- IoT devices interact with other hardware devices or the physical world.
- Extended support for controlling customer facing was implemented.
- The new Device Management clients’ connection to Azure IoT Hub – this provides a cloud-based device management solution.
New preview features in Windows 10 IoT Fall Creators Update
- Microsoft enabled support for hosting Nano Server containers at the edge on 64-bit editions of Windows 10 IoT Core and Enterprise. Containers can improve app security and reliability.
- Windows 10 IoT Core provides support for Windows Device Health Attestation allowing management systems to leverage a trusted service to check out its health state.
- Microsoft is also working on simplifying the integration between Windows 10 IoT with Azure IoT.
You can take a look for yourself at the complete list of the new IoT features on Microsoft’s blog.
RELATED STORIES TO CHECK OUT:
- 6 best IoT simulators for PC
- Microsoft reveals innovation with Always Connected PCs, MR and IoT
- Cheap IoT boards to buy under $50
AMR (Adaptive Multi-Rate) audio format is the format majority of handheld devices (mainly smartphones) use for voice recordings. Now, a small problem might arise when […]
The reminders feature in Outlook is a handy feature and allows the users to set appointments and plan meetings accordingly. However, at times the reminder […]
There are many cases in which it is necessary to hide sensitive data, such as personal information. For example, a company shouldn’t be able to […]