Microsoft updates Narrator for Windows 10 with cool features
Narrator in Windows 10 was definitely in need of some serious upgrades, something Microsoft has managed to do with the recent update. From what we have come to understand, the software giant focused on three main areas of improvement; performance, reliable reading and usability.
The new update should improve performance when the user is navigating the Start Menu. Furthermore, there are significant performance improvements when typing, something many have rallied for in the past.
Should there be suggested results from either Cortana or Microsoft Edge, the new Narrator will be capable of reading them aloud. It should also be noted that keyboard commands are now similar to that of competing screen readers, so folks should feel at home no matter where they are coming from.
The full list of important changes are below:
[irp posts=”29818″ name=”Windows 10 Anniversary Update to get Picture in Picture feature”]
- Improved performance when navigating the start menu.
- Significant performance improvements when typing
More Reliable Reading
- We have improved things like table navigation resulting in a better reading and editing experience in apps like Windows Mail and Word
- Narrator will now read suggested results in apps like Cortana and Edge as well as suggested e-mail addresses in Outlook.
- Keyboard commands in Narrator are now more familiar to users of other screen readers.
- Some keyboard interactions have been simplified and updated to ensure better ergonomics, making them easier to type.
Many of the features listed here are already a part of the current Windows 10 Insider build. The others are expected to hit home in future releases and possibly in the Anniversary update scheduled for release later this year.
The software giant is also working on a new documentation for folks who are not well versed in Windows Narrator. This documentation is expected to be ready in time for the next public release of Windows 10.
The new Windows Virtual Desktop (WVD) product and strategy announced last year in September is here. Well, the Redmond giant planned to offer an early […]
Microsoft just released KB4493132 to Windows 7 computers thus adding end of support notifications.The notifications remind users to upgrade to Windows 10 before January 14th, 2020. The […]
The Redmond giant has recently announced the Variable Rate Shading feature for DirectX 12. This new feature helps developers to increase graphics quality, enhance performance and […]