- Microsoft has finally availed the free Windows 11 Enterprise virtual machine for download.
- The machines are set to expire in September, 2022.
- Users can now download it from VMWare and Hyper-V, you can also get it from Microsoft’s official website.
Recently, Microsoft availed a free Windows 11 Enterprise virtual machine for download. “Start building Windows applications quickly by using a virtual machine with the latest versions of Windows, the developer tools, SDKs, and samples ready to go,” according to Microsoft.
The free Windows 11 Enterprise virtual machine comes with:
- Window 11 Enterprise (evaluation)
- Windows 10 SDK, version 2004 (10.0.19041.0)
- Visual Studio 2019 (latest as of 10/09/21) with the UWP, .NET desktop, and Azure workflows enabled and includes the Windows Template Studio extension.
- Visual Studio Code (latest as of 10/09/21)
- Windows Subsystem for Linux enabled with Ubuntu installed
- Developer mode enabled
- Windows Terminal installed
These machines are set to expire come September 1, 2022, according to Microsoft.
Interested parties can now access these downloads from VMWare, Hyper-V, VirtualBox and Parallels versions of the virtual machine. Ideally, users can access these downloads directly from Microsoft.
Users can now start building Windows applications quickly, thanks to the development environments. However, they could also be subjected to other uses as well.
Running on Windows 11
Moreover, Microsoft has now made an updated virtual machine making it based on Windows 11. However, the age title still indicates that it is running on the previous version of the operating system.
The page indicates “Get a Windows 10 development environment”, four separate VMs are available, each weighing in at around 20GB.
Are you excited to get your hands on Microsoft’s free Windows 11 Enterprise virtual machine? Which feature stands out most? Share your thoughts with us in the comment section below.