- Online privacy can never be too much, therefore Microsft's new layer of protection available in Teams is welcomed.
- The giant recently announced that Customer Key support will also become available for Microsoft Teams.
- Several items will be affected in Teams by this change, chat and media messages included.
- Thanks to this layer, unauthorized parties will not have access to sensitive data shared across the platform.
It’s safe to say that there can never be enough protection or security layers when it comes to the online environment, especially considering sensitive data.
Microsoft Teams is an app that is being used at a large scale for business and personal purposes and for many online privacy can be an issue.
However, this seems to be a thing of the past, since Microsoft Teams announced that Customer Support Key is available for Teams as well.
Customer Support Key
Organizations that were already using Customer Support for SharePoint Online and Exchange Online will now be able to use it with Teams as well.
According to Microsoft there is a full list of items that will be affected in Teams:
- Teams chat messages (1:1 chats, group chats, meeting chats and channel conversations)
- Teams media messages (images, code snippets, video messages, audio messages, wiki images)
- Teams call and meeting recordings stored in Teams storage
- Teams chat notifications, Teams chat suggestions by Cortana, Teams status messages
- User and signal information for Exchange Online
- Exchange Online mailboxes that aren’t already encrypted using mailbox level DEPs
- Microsoft Information Protection exact data match (EDM) data – (data file schemas, rule packages, and the salts used to hash the sensitive data)
Microsoft also mentions that once a DEP is assigned the encryption will begin automatically, although it may take some time to fully complete.
The Microsoft 365 Customer Key can be used across multiple workloads and getting started is not complicated at all.
Adding another layer of encryption is fantastic news and many business owners will appreciate it for sure.
We would love to hear your thoughts on the subject in the dedicated section below, so don’t hesitate to leave us a comment.