- Microsoft Teams will get another feature designed to enhance the delivery of presentations via PowerPoint.
- The feature will allow presenters to manage the chats, notes, participants' interaction in a single window.
- Switching between apps and tabs will happen to protect the sensitive data, as no one from the audience will be able to see anything else.
- The PowerPointLive function can be easily accessed by clicking the Present now button available in PowerPoint.
Video conferencing in Microsoft Teams and holding PowerPoint presentations the old-fashion way will soon be a thing of the past thanks to the new upgrade brought by the latest Microsoft Teams feature.
Holding a presentation in PowerPoint usually implies needing to share your screen with the audience and many users had to deal with plenty of compatibility and privacy issues.
Thanks to the PowerPoint Live feature, Microsoft Teams will allow its users to start a presentation directly within a video call, without needing to share your screen with the audience.
Microsoft Teams PowerPoint Live Feature
First announced on the official Microsoft forums, the PowerPoint Live feature is available to all the enrolled users in the Office Insider program and once you have joined you will see in your PowerPoint a new option called Present in Teams.
Starting the presentation in Teams is pretty simple, all you need to do is click on the Present in Teams button in PowerPoint.
Moreover, you will be able to navigate through different apps and tabs on your device allowing you to protect all sensitive information that you may not want to share with the audience.
To benefit from PowerPoint Live in Teams you need to meet the following requirements:
- Use the same account for Office and Teams
- Have the latest Microsoft Teams desktop version
- Use OneDrive for Business or SharePoint to store your presentation
- An Office 365 E3/A3/E5/A5 or Microsoft 365 for Government license
During the presentation you can use the chat window alongside the presentation, meaning that no important question from the participants will be missed and you can also share links and videos instantly.
You can manage everything, from chats, notes, slides in a single view and also customize how this content appears to your audience.
Another great thing about the PowerPoint live feature is that you can choose how the presentation looks to the audience and you can customize it using the grid function or any other for that matter.
What do you think about this upgrade in Microsoft Teams that will be available to users? You can use the comments section below to share your thoughts with us.