Microsoft updates Hyper-V to work better with high DPI displays
Have you ever used Hyper-V on a high DPI display machine? If you have, then you probably noticed how annoyingly small the controls are. Microsoft is perfectly aware of this annoyance, which is why the company is fixing Hyper-V on high DPI systems for better usability.
Some of the changes are included in Windows 10 Insider Build 14371.
These are the changes we understand to be included in the latest build of Windows 10 Insider Preview:
- Virtual Machine Connection is now completely DPI aware, so there are no clipped graphics or strings at any DPI setting.
- New icons for all of Hyper-V, all of which are available at all DPI levels. This means that as you scale your DPI up, the icons will change and become more detailed.
- Finally, the way the virtual machine is displayed has changed. If you connect to a virtual machine using enhanced mode, it gets all the DPI information from the host and does the right thing. However, if you are using basic mode, the guest OS is unaware of the host DPI. To address this, it will now automatically scale the virtual machine screen display to match the host DPI, but only if you are using basic mode. What this all means is that you should no longer have to deal with teeny-tiny boot screens or text screens when using Virtual Machine Connection.
We should learn more of this before or after the official Windows 10 Anniversary Update release on August 2, 2016.
In the past, Microsoft decided to release Hyper-V containers for the latest version of Windows 10 Insider Preview. Furthermore, the company went ahead and released FreeBSD as a VMware image on the Azure marketplace.
RELATED STORIES YOU NEED TO CHECK OUT:
- Windows 10 Preview build 14366 now available on the Slow Ring
- DailyDiary is a great digital diary app for Windows 10 and Mobile
- AutoDesk SketchBook is a must have drawing app for Windows 10
If you find yourself seeing the error message Your password may have expired or the remote PC might not accept blank passwords, you came to […]
Many users encountered a pretty severe issue with Nvidia. They couldn’t stream games in Windows 10. No matter what they tried, they didn’t manage to […]