Wallet is an app that allows you to keep important information related to your credit card, loyalty cards and tickets in one place. As long as you have your phone with you, you’ll never have to worry about bringing cards with you.
The app supports the following card types:
- Membership Cards Check in at the gym, at the swimming pool, or even check out books at the library.
- Loyalty Cards Show and scan your loyalty cards at the supermarket.
- Coupons Keep track of your coupons and have them in one location.
- Boarding Passes Show and scan your boarding pass at the airport.
- Event Tickets Show and scan tickets to concerts, sporting events, or theaters.
As useful as the idea of such an app is, Wallet is rather unpopular among users. Users complained about not being able to add certain cards and accused Microsoft of offering inaccurate information:
The app opens but that’s it. Unable to add any cards. Have different wallets installed from the store as recommended by the app, but they do not link nor show in the wallet app. Useless.
It seems that the tech giant is planning to change all that by fixing all the Wallet issues in the Windows 10 version of the app. Recent leaks suggest the upcoming app will have a new UI and sport a new icon for its tile among other things.
Although the official description of the app confirms it supports loyalty and membership cards, Microsoft is currently working to incorporate support for the respective cards. It seems that users who complained about it are right. Let’s hope the new features actually work.
Other features include the ability to download apps from the Windows Store to add to Microsoft Wallet and choose a category when inserting a card (gym, library, store, etc.).
No information is available as to the launch date of the new Wallet app, but Microsoft could very well roll it out with the Windows 10 Anniversary Update.
RELATED STORIES YOU NEED TO CHECK OUT:
- Daily Mail releases : This is Money, UWP app for Windows 10
- Fix Microsoft Money Problems in Windows 10
- Poker Income for Windows Helps you Keep Track of your Money