Microsoft’s System Center 2016 and Windows Server 2016 Technical Preview bring better datacenter control
Nowadays, companies use cloud resources massively. The main challenge they encounter when using cloud resources is related to the cooperation between the existing traditional infrastructure and the new cloud resources. Microsoft has noticed this and has released its Windows Server 2016 Technical Preview 5 and System Center 2016 Technical Preview 5, a technology the tech giant is currently developing to bring users management designed for the hybrid cloud.
Management tools for IT infrastructure were created to solve simple problems. However, this infrastructure is overwhelmed by the scale of computer use because companies now rely on many servers to run their business. Therefore, manually managing the IT infrastructure in no longer efficient.
Microsoft rolled out its first System Center more than ten years ago and the System Center 2016 Technical Preview 5 brings a new set of capabilities specific for the challenges of cloud, as the tech giant informs:
With this release, you’ll get new capabilities to simplify management of highly virtualized, software-defined infrastructure. System Center 2016 offers advances in datacenter control, drives forward management of Linux environments, and helps you enable some of the most advanced features coming in Windows Server 2016.
The three main advantages brought by this Technical Preview are:
- Advanced software-defined datacenter support: managing the lifecycle of Nano Server hosts and virtual machines, simplified deployment of the new Windows Server 2016 software-defined networking components and other features.
- Expansion of the surface area of monitoring with reduced friction for IT Operations: data-driven alert management that reduces noise and enables faster troubleshooting, scheduling of maintenance windows and increased scale in monitoring of UNIX and Linux servers.
- Flexible approaches to Windows management: in-place upgrade, provisioning packages and profiles, support for new Windows 10 features.
Microsoft has also rolled out a new version of its Windows Server with additional layers of security. The new features block sophisticated cyber attacks because they control better privileged access, shield virtual machines and protect server environment against threats. The new Windows Server 2016 creates a more flexible and cost- efficient datacenter and it includes innovative features such as Windows Server and Hyper-V containers.
RELATED STORIES YOU NEED TO CHECK OUT:
- Fix: Unable to Shutdown Due to a DDE Server Window: Explorer.exe Application Error
- How to run Linux GUI apps through Bash for Windows 10
Live streaming is quickly becoming one of the most important ways people use to broadcast themselves online. People use live streaming to cover a wide […]
It isn’t every day that you come across a corrupted memory dump file But when you do, you will rue your luck you did. That […]