- The online shooter has been supported with six paid DLC expansions so far, but the game's future is now uncertain.
- Mojang Studios has announced that the first of likely many Seasonal Adventures for Minecraft Dungeons is now available for download.
- Minecraft Dungeons is a cooperative action-RPG developed by Mojang Studios and published by Microsoft Studios.
Minecraft Dungeons was an unexpected departure from Mojang’s typical releases, which up to that point had all been primarily in the strategy and action-adventure genres.
The cloudy climb
It is a spinoff of the wildly popular Minecraft franchise, has been downloaded more than 10 million times, and has received consistent post-launch content support with six DLC expansions.
Mojang has announced the next chapter in the release of Minecraft Dungeons. The newest phase of The Cloudy Climb is now available.
The Cloudy Climb is an update to Minecraft Dungeons that changes some of the most fundamental aspects of the game.
Minecraft Dungeons will move forward with continuous free live service-style content, with the story from “The Arch-Illager” concluded. All of the previous DLC expansions will be included in Minecraft Dungeons Ultimate Edition.
Expected changes that come with the update
The Cloudy Climb, a new expansion for Minecraft Dungeons, features several new game elements and additions. These include:
- One of the features being introduced in The Cloudy Climb is called The Tower: a new, single-player mode that challenges players with a series of randomly generated dungeon rooms and levels, always refreshed (and sometimes redesigned) so that each time they play there’s something new to explore.The Tower is made up of many separate levels; each one requires you to use different strategies to navigate. As you advance through The Tower, you will earn permanent upgrades and abilities that will carry over to your character in The Pit. As you keep playing, you’ll be able to bring back new and exciting prizes to permanently add to your Minecraft Dungeons collection.
- Seasonal Adventures. Minecraft Dungeons also has a new type of adventure called The Cloudy Climb, which should be familiar to players who have played other games with a Battle Pass. Adventure Points are awarded for your performance in Seasonal Adventures, which also award regular gameplay experience and contribute to Adventure Ranks. As you earn more Adventure Ranks, you can unlock badges, wearable items, and other cosmetic rewards.
- Adventure Passes. If you want to get the most rewards out of the Seasonal Adventure, remember to purchase the Seasonal Adventure Pass ($4 on each platform). Adventure Passes do not expire, adding a sense of urgency to complete the challenges of Minecraft Dungeons each week.
- It’s important to note that your Minecraft Dungeons progress will carry over from one platform to the next, but you need to purchase the Adventure Pass separately for each platform.
The new update of Minecraft Dungeons is available now on all platforms, including Xbox Series X, Xbox Series S, Xbox One, PS5, PS4, Switch, and PC.
Minecraft Dungeons is also available as an add-on to Xbox Game Pass and Xbox Live Gold, where additional content including The Cloudy Climb Adventure Pack and future Seasonal Adventures will be available for purchase.
It remains to be seen how Mojang Studios will continue to support Minecraft Dungeons with future content updates and Seasonal Adventures, but it already offers a satisfying dungeon-crawling experience.
Which part of the new update catches your eye? Share your thoughts with us in the comment section below.