Microsoft updates its core Windows 8.1 apps, Xbox Music and Xbox Video with several improvements; read below to find out what is new in these entertainment apps
The Movie and Music apps are essential to the Windows 8.1 experience, as millions of consumers use Microsoft’s core apps on a daily basis, along with the Mail and Maps app. That’s why, when it launched Windows 8.1, Microsoft also performed a vast overhaul of its core apps, bringing new features and improvements. Now, the apps receive their first ever update in Windows 8.1
First of all, what you need to know is that the contents of the Movie and Music apps vary according to the region you are in. To see what content is available in your region, check the Xbox Video feature list from Microsoft’s website.
What’s new in the updated Windows 8.1 Movie app
The most important updates in the Xbox Movie Windows 8 application include: improved layout for TV show extra episodes; improvements for portrait mode and added support for high resolution screens There is also a bunch of other additional minor fixes, as always, so you really should download the app (links at the end) to get the latest and most stable version.
What’s new in the updated Windows 8.1 Music app
- Buying albums and songs that you want to keep forever becomes easier
- The option to redeem Microsoft gift cards has been added
- A new user experience makes it easier to find music in your collection, listen to radio, and explore the Xbox Music catalog
- Search has got a revamp, with a new way of showing results
- Pause and play with a single tap
- Snap the app and have fun multi-tasking while you listen
- Playlists can be found in the now playing list in the left-hand menu
- Use the Share Charm in Windows 8.1 to share any webpage to Xbox Music
- Manage what shows up in your Windows music library from within the Music app
- The app starts up faster
Indeed, the Video and Music apps both now open very fast in Windows 8.1 and the same happens on my Windows 8 Pro tablet. Follow the links to get the latest Xbox Video and Xbox Music apps for Windows 8.1 and let us know what you think of them
Still having issues? Fix them with this tool:
If the advices above haven't solved your issue, your PC may experience deeper Windows problems. We recommend downloading this PC Repair tool (rated Great on TrustPilot.com) to easily address them. After installation, simply click the Start Scan button and then press on Repair All.