- Microsoft just announced the Windows 10 Insider Preview Build 21354 along with its changes.
- The Windows 10 Insider Preview Build 21354 includes a completely overhauled news feed system.
- This article is meant to show you precisely how to use the new My interests news feed system.
- The steps included in this guide will help both Windows Insiders and regular users once the feature hits live.
The Windows Insider program is an excellent environment for users to test out the latest and greatest features that Microsoft is planning on releasing on the live market.
Well, those that are currently in the program will be the first to see what Windows 10 Insider Preview Build 21354 has in store for them, and they will be the first to be able to install the newest, albeit experimental features.
Among the many highlights of this new Preview Build are the My interests feature, and we will be showing you exactly how you can use them once you’ve installed the latest build, or for when the feature hits live.
According to Microsoft, this specific feature is the result of positive user feedback and Microsoft’s continued efforts of listening to what the community demands:
Thanks for your continued feedback for news and interests on the Windows taskbar! We’re continuing to develop the experience based on your suggestions. Today, we’re pleased to announce a new set of features rolling out for personalizing the feed to suit your interests.
How can I use the new the Interests feature in Windows 10?
1. How do I use the Manage Interests button?
- Hover your mouse cursor on the weather on your Taskbar
- A new Manage interests button will appear at the top of the window
- Pressing this button will open a full-page personalization experience, from which you can choose the topics that you’re interested in.
2. How do I use the My interests page?
- A search box on the My interests page helps you find publishers and topics of interest.
- New interests can also be discovered by browsing a predefined list of categories.
- These include different types of news, entertainment, and sports topics..
Once you’ve selected a new topic to follow, your feed will start receiving more and more stories from that given domain.
Topics and interests that you’ve already subscribed to can be managed via the Followed interests in the left side of the navigation screen.
3. How do I use the Tune your feed feature?
Tune your feed is similar to the other two tools presented earlier. It is accessible from the left sid eof the My interests Window.
The difference, however, is that it lets you tweak your feed based on publishers from within Microsoft’s partner ecosystems.
- Select a few publishers or stories.
- Scroll down the list to start seeing an updated version of your feed.
- You can access the Followed Publishers menu to see and manage the publishers you’ve subscribed to.
You can also fine-tune your feed article by article by pressing the X at the top-right corner, and then choosing one of the 3 feedback options:
- Not interested in this story
- Don’t like the source
- Report an issue
This concludes our article covering the My Interests feature introduced in Windows 10. Keep in mind, however, that these features are still under active development, and are therefore subject to continuous change.
Let us know what you things about this overhaul of the user’s news feed by leaving your feedback in the comments section below.