- The Microsoft Remote Desktop app has received several new features and fixes.
- The updates are available on the app for Mac PCs and the app for iPhones and iPads.
- The update comes after users had reported a bug.
Good news for Microsoft Remote Desktop app users up to Version 10.7.0. Microsoft has brought new improvements to Connection Center and Azure Virtual Desktop. It has also added support for RemoteApp local window moving.
Microsoft has finally fixed the issues reported by users who were experiencing issues with the app.
What are the changes?
- The Invertible cursors have now been outlined and made visible in dark backgrounds.
- Some improvements have been made to the underlying code backing the Connection Center.
- There is now added support for local window move in RemoteApp scenarios.
- The Connection Information dialog Connections > Show Connection Information.
- Screen capture protection has been added for Azure Virtual Desktop scenarios (https://aka.ms/avdscp).
- The design defect that was causing folders to be redirected multiple times has been addressed.
- Reliability issues that were identified through crash reporting and feedback have been addressed.
- You can now navigate to a new support forum via Updated Help > Submit Feedback.
- There are also continued updates to enhance security, connectivity and performance metrics when connecting to Azure Virtual Desktop.
It is important to note that the RemoteApp local windows move is disabled by default. To enable local window move, set the EnableRemoteAppLocalMove user default to true.
- There is now an auto-hide for the Home Indicator when using a trackpad or mouse.
- There is now a keyboard navigation support to the PC and remote app in-session switcher.
- The horizontal mouse scrolling behavior has been aligned with the current vertical scrolling behavior.
- The unwanted sliding animation that would make an appearance at the start of a session or upon return has been removed
- The issue where the connection bar orientation failed to align with the device has been addressed.
What are some of the bug fixes that you have experienced with the Remote Desktop App? Have they been addressed? Let us know in the comment section below.