Round-up: No Man’s Sky The Path Finder Update reported bugs
No Man’s Sky recently received an important update that adds a series of interesting new features to the game. The Path Finder Update packs in new vehicles players can use for home planet exploration, as well as a series of useful bug fixes.
At the same time, this update also brings issues of its own, as many players report. In this article, we’re going to list the most common No Man’s Sky The Path Finder Update issues reported by gamers.
No Man’s Sky: The Path Finder Update bugs
- Game crashes
Now the game crashed. I start again. But I think after 45 min intializing something is wrong.
I have i7 6700 HQ CPU 2,60 GHz and 16 GB Ram.
- Black screen with the music on
yup im geetting black screen , music is playing
can see SweetFx settings comeup but cant see menu or nothing
- Huge FPS rate drop after update
Alright,well this game’s optimization is garbage
So hyped to play this game again after the new update and i get 39 fps on ultra with a gtx 1070 8gb i7 6700k and 32gb of ram? wtf is this ♥♥♥♥?
To fix the low FPS rate issue, go to this address: Steam \ steamapps \ common \ No Man’s Sky \ Binaries \ Settings. Now edit the TKGRAPHICSSETTINGS.MXML file and change the UseHDR value from true to false.
- Texture issues with grass and water
it basically looks like all water has ice on top. but the link to the screenshots above, that planet is a verdant planet, with very nice temperatures, and no ice anywhere… prior to the update it had a lot of shallow ponds everywhere, now those ponds all look like they are iced over… but you do drop under water if you jump into them….. so it looks like just a texturing issue.
If you get low textures instead of ultra, follow the steps listed below:
- Find the TKGRAPHICSSETTINGS.MXML file inside the game’s Binaries folder.
- Open the file in Notepad and change the <Property name=”TexturePageSizeKb” value=”64″ />value to your graphics card memory value.
- Example: <Property name=”TexturePageSizeKb” value=”4096″ />
- Save the file > start game again.
If you’ve come across other issues after installing The Path Finder Update, use this Steam thread to provide the devs with more details about the bugs that you’ve encountered.
RELATED STORIES YOU NEED TO CHECK OUT:
- Dead Rising 4 will be available on Steam starting March 14
- You can now move your game install folders using Steam
- Fix: “Steam is already running” error
Microsoft is all set to launch its next big update, Windows 10 version 1809 in October. While that should be a nice piece of news […]
The Windows 10 October 2018 Update (otherwise 18H2) rollout might now be two to three weeks away. For the last few months, new build previews […]