300 million devices are now powered by Windows 10
Windows 10 adoption might be slowing, but at least Microsoft can brag that the operating system is currently installed on 300 million devices worldwide. That’s a huge number that includes everything from smartphones to PCs..
Just a month ago, Microsoft announced at its Build conference that over 270 million devices were powered by Windows 10 after making clear that it intends to have Windows 10 on a billion devices in the next three years. A billion is not easy to come by, but seeing as the Xbox One, Windows 10 Mobile and anything else with the operating systems installed are considered Windows 10 devices, Microsoft could hit the billion milestone early on.
In addition to showing off the new milestone, Microsoft decided to share how people are using Windows 10 on a daily basis when it comes down to the computer aspect of the operating system.
Here’s the rundown via Microsoft’s official blog.
- Over 63 billion minutes were spent on Microsoft Edge in March alone, with 50% growth in minutes since the last quarter. Exclusively available on Windows 10, Microsoft Edge is our modern browser for helping you get things done.
- Cortana, the personal digital assistant in Windows 10, has helped answer over 6 billion questions since launch.
- People are playing games on Windows 10 more than ever before, with over 9 billion hours of gameplay on Windows 10 since launch.
- Apps that come with Windows 10, including Photos, Groove Music, and Movies & TV are seeing millions of active users each month, including more than 144 million people using Photos.
- And, the Windows Store continues to grow daily with new Universal Windows Platform apps like Facebook, Instagram, and Facebook Messenger; updated UWP apps from Vine, Hulu, Netflix and Twitter; and popular PC games including Rise of the Tomb Raider and Quantum Break.
Microsoft has been aggressively pushing Windows 10 to users in hopes they would take on a free upgrade. However, this marketing strategy has become very annoying. At least the company has realized this and is making moves to do better.
RELATED STORIES YOU NEED TO CHECK OUT:
- GiffGaff UWP app for Windows 10 lands in the store, additional features to come soon
- WinZip Universal app comes to Windows 10 and Mobile
- Windows 10 Mobile Insider Preview now supports Lumia Icon
Windows 10 Language packs are useful, but some users reported Language Pack error 0x800f0954 on their PC. This error can keep popping up, for example, […]
With the new USB-C connection type, there’s a whole lot more you can achieve than with either USB-A or USB-B type of connections. Still, you […]