Microsoft recently rolled out a series of improvements to its Office 2016 package. The Office update 16.0.7167.2015 is available only for Insiders, but it should soon become available for all Office users when the Anniversary Update is released.
To install the update, open any Office app and click File > Account > Update Options > Update Now.
Here are the improvements brought by the 16.0.7167.2015 update:
- Publish to Power BI in Excel 2016: Publish files that are stored locally to Power BI, with a Power BI subscription.
- Data Transformations and Connectivity improvements in Excel 2016: Thanks to the latest improvements to Date/Time transformation and Text manipulations, you can migrate workbooks to a different environment, group two or more clauses for row filtering, and document your transformations within the Query Editor window.
- Add recipients easily with @ symbol in Outlook 2016: Include the @ symbol and the person’s name in the body of your email or calendar item, ,and you’ll automatically add them to the To line.
- Travel with ease with Outlook 2016: Outlook now helps you to verify and track reservations with summary cards available in your Inbox and Calendar. It’s also easy to change your hotel and rental car reservations, and you can stay on top of your flights info with Outlook reminders.
- Publish to Docs.com with Office 2016: You can now publish all your documents, spreadsheets, and presentations on Docs.com and track their usage with free analytics.
If you have any suggestions on how Microsoft should improve Outlook 2016, go to File >Feedback >Suggest a Feature and drop in your two cents.
RELATED STORIES YOU NEED TO CHECK OUT:
- New Office 2016 Insider Preview build improves Excel and Skype for Business
- Microsoft introduces Stream, a new business app to manage and share videos
- Outlook 2016 Deletes and Duplicates Users’ Mails, But There’s a Solution
- Fix: Outlook 2016 Crashes on Launch