Office Centennial apps might arrive on May 2nd
It looks like Office Centennial apps are done with testing and might be revealed on May 2nd. At Build 2015, Microsoft announced Project Centennial, a way for developers to bring their .NET and Wind32 apps to the UWP and to the Store. Essentially, Centennial is Microsoft’s own tool for converting desktop apps.
Individual apps with food-related codenames
Now, Microsoft has finished the testing phase and more descriptions of individual apps are avilable, reports Aggiornamenti Lumia. They’re not currently listed under their official names, but under some cool food-related codenames:
- Word: Sandwich
- Excel: Soup
- Outlook: Bibimbap
- Powerpoint: Pasta
- Skype for Business: Tapas
- Visio: Salad
- Access: Stirfry
- OneNote: Quesadilla
- Project: Pizza
One interesting addition is the ability to purchase Office 365 subscriptions directly from the Store, and its packages are listed with similar names such as Breakfast, Lunch, and Dinner.
- Lunch includes Sandwich, Soup, Pasta, and Bibimbap aka Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and Outlook.
- The Breakfast package includes Biscuits, Croissant, and CupCake.
- Dinner is only present via codename.
Office Centennial app requirements
The Dinner Office 365 package is compatible with PC, iOS, Mac, and Android.
Microsoft’s May 2nd event will shed more light and even demonstrate how the conversion process in action. Codenamed Bespin – the Cloud City from the StarWars universe – the event is probably the place where we’ll also get to see the CloudBook as well!
RELATED STORIES TO CHECK OUT:
- Microsoft Brings Desktop Office Apps to Windows Store with Project Centennial
- Windows 10 Creators Update users can’t update Windows Defender, here’s a possible fix
- Legit check your Windows and Office ISO files with this tool
Germany has been debating for years whether its institutions should use Microsoft tools or not. The German state of Hesse recently labeled the use of […]
While trying to run an application on your system including a game or server application, you may encounter a clr20r3 error. Most of the time […]
Google in 2010 had published a list of software applications that are known to crash the Google Chrome web browser. Since then it has been […]