OneDrive for Business update brings new features and improvements
Microsoft’s OneDrive is one of the most popular Enterprise File Sync and Share platforms for businesses around the world. This title offered by the Forrester is a solid recognition of the company’s efforts to constantly improve OneDrive. The Forrester used 40 criteria in their evaluation which makes their conclusions even more trustworthy.
The Redmond giant’s team are of course happy to hear the news but the company does not rest on its laurels and has already brought new improvements to OneDrive in order to offer an even better experience:
It’s an honor to get industry recognition like this, but we know there’s always more for us to do to improve the service. […] we’re announcing important improvements and new capabilities in our sync, browser and mobile experiences, as well as new IT controls for administrators.
The latest OneDrive update is based on users’ feedback in regards to the the Next Generation Sync Client version launched in December 2015. Most of these new features will be available to all customers within 1–2 weeks. The main update features are:
- Windows 8.1 support—support is now offered for Windows 7, 8, 8.1 and 10.
- Office 2016 integration—key features such as real-time co-authoring, open documents from the Most Recent list and share documents from within the Office app will be available.
- Improved setup—everyone can now install the new OneDrive sync client. No more registry keys needed on Windows or Terminal window on Mac.
- Seamless client migration—If you are running the previous sync client (groove.exe), this update seamlessly transitions without requiring a resync.
- Pause sync—you can suspend syncing for a period of time, for example when you are tethered to your phone.
- View files online— right click any document in Windows Explorer and select “view online” to navigate to the OneDrive for Business file or folder in the browser.
- Sync any file type you want— support added for .json, .aspx, .swf files and more.
- Block file types— IT admins can now block certain file types from syncing, such as PST or MKV files protecting limited bandwidth.
Other improvements include:
- Browser experience enhancements – removing an item from the “Shared with me” view doesn’t delete the file; it can still be found via a search.
- New developer options for OneDrive for Business – a series of new options for developers who are building apps that connect to OneDrive for Business have been added such as Webhooks preview or exhanced flexible sharing.
For more information, go to Microsoft’s Office blog.
RELATED STORIES YOU NEED TO CHECK OUT:
- Skype Chat now available within Office and OneDrive documents
- Telstra Offering its Customers 200GB of Free Microsoft OneDrive Storage
- Quick Tip: Restore Deleted Files From OneDrive
- Fix: Can’t Upload Pictures to OneDrive in Windows 10
- Project Madeira preview app for Windows 10 offers new business solutions
Waze is one of the biggest GPS navigation software in the world. A lot of people rely on Waze for their daily routes, traffic info, […]
Most websites include buttons of some description. Website buttons usually work fine. However, buttons on certain sites might not always work when users click them. […]
If your Mixer app is not streaming no matter what channel you try on, you don’t have to worry. This problem is more common than […]