Single sign-on is increasingly growing in popularity, and Windows 10 is not pulling its punches when it comes to competing with other platforms. Microsoft has announced on Twitter that the OneLogin extension has arrived for all users of the Edge browser.
The app’s description on its Windows Store listing states:
OneLogin provides single sign-on (SSO), password management, and identity management (IAM) for organizations that embrace cloud computing. Because OneLogin itself is hosted in the cloud, you can get up and running in a matter of minutes.
OneLogin is pre-integrated with popular business applications such as Salesforce.com, NetSuite, Google Apps, Zoho, Sugar CRM, GoToMeeting, Yammer as well as personal applications like Facebook and Twitter.
The app includes a list of all online accounts and enterprise apps to let you sign in using a single click. It also detects new logins and offers to save them in your portal.
OneLogin for Edge requires the Windows 10 Anniversary Edition. Follow the instructions below on how to install the extension:
- Go to the Windows Store. There are lots of ways to get to the Windows Store. One way is to click the Windows Store icon in the task bar at the bottom of your Windows desktop screen. You can also go to your Edge browser, click the … (three dots) icon in the toolbar to open the Settings menu, select Extensions, and click the Get Extension from Store link. This takes you straight to the Extensions Gallery in the Windows Store.
- In the Windows Store, search for OneLogin. If you used the Edge settings menu to get to the Extensions Gallery in the Windows Store, you can just enter onelogin in the search field. If you got to the Windows Store by other means, go to Apps (or More Software & Apps > Windows Apps, in some cases), and then enter onelogin in the search field.
- In the search results, find OneLogin for Edge and select it.
- On the OneLogin for Edge page, click the Install button.
- Click the Launch button.
- At the You have a new extension prompt, click Turn it on.
- On the Enable the OneLogin Menu page, follow the instructions. These instructions tell you to go to the Settings menu (click … in the toolbar), select Extensions, select OneLogin for Edge, and turn on the Show button next to the address bar option.
- Click the OneLogin button on the Edge toolbar and click Log In in the OneLogin dialog. This launches your OneLogin login screen and enables the OneLogin button to display the drop-down menu of all of your OneLogin-managed apps whenever you’re in an active OneLogin session.
The extension is now available to download from the Windows Store.
RELATED STORIES YOU NEED TO CHECK OUT:
- Use Skype ID to sign into other Microsoft services and applications
- Windows 10 pushes Microsoft Edge ads to the Start Menu
- Edge browser gets massive update to load webpages much faster