Microsoft has treated users of OneNote for Windows 10 to a new update for the app that includes password protection, the ability to save images, reorder notebooks, and create diagrams and flow charts. The new updates went through testing earlier this month after the software giant made them available to Windows Insiders in the Fast Ring followed by its release to Insiders in the Slow Ring.
OneNote for Windows 10 now lets you protect different sections in notebooks with a password. While the security feature is a welcome addition to OneNote, it would more convenient for users if Microsoft were to integrate Windows Hello into the app for a smoother and more secure access. It remains unclear, however, if an when Redmond plans to add the password-less login method to OneNote. Here’s the changelog for the update, which bumps up software version to 17.7870.57621.0:
- Reorder your notebooks: Sort your notebooks however you like. Simply click and drag a notebook to reorder it in the list.
- Password protection: Add a password to a section to keep your notes safe from prying eyes.
- Create diagrams or flow charts: Use the Shapes gallery to insert perfect circles, squares, arrows and more.
- Save images and files: Save your favorite picture or an important file outside of OneNote. Just right-click and save it to a location you specify.
- New page placement: Quickly add a new page below the currently selected one, rather than at the bottom of the page list.
- Change the layer order: Put tables, note containers, pictures, and shapes into your notes and then arrange which are in front and which are behind.
- Paragraph handles: Grab the paragraph handles and reorder or collapse text on the page.
- New bullet styles: Tired of plain old bullets? Spice up your notes with dashes, arrows, diamonds, and more.
The latest update is now available to all users of Windows 10 users.
RELATED STORIES YOU NEED TO CHECK OUT:
- OneNote now solves math equations, replays handwritten notes
- The 3 best apps to take handwritten notes on your Windows 10 device
- Transfer notes from Evernote to OneNote with this tool