OneNote for Windows 10 now lets you graph math equations
Software giant Microsoft has updated its OneNote app for Windows 10, which now lets users graph math equations as part of the Ink math assistant feature. Released last summer, Ink math assistant is designed to help users solve mathematical equations.
That feature first rolled out to the Slow Ring on March 7 along with Microsoft’s announcement on the update. In the latest announcement from Redmond, the company did not introduce any other features. Here’s OneNote Team’s announcement:
Now, when you write your math equations, the Ink math assistant quickly plots an interactive graph to help you visualize those difficult math concepts. You can zoom in and move the graph to observe intersection points or change values of parameters in your equations to better understand how each of them reflects on the graph. Finally, you can save a screenshot of the graph directly to your page to revisit it later.
The feature also includes the ability to drag and drop pages, organize sections, retrieve deleted notes, and use full color emoji. The ability to graph equations requires an Office 365 subscription. OneNote Team outlines five steps to graph an equation in the app:
- Begin by writing your equation. For example: y=x+3 or y=sin(x)+cos(2x).
- Next, use Lasso tool to select the equation and then, on the Draw tab, click the Math button.
- From the drop-down menu in Math pane, select the option to Graph in 2D. You can play with the interactive graph of your equation—use a single finger to move the graph position or two fingers to change the zoom level.
- Use + and – buttons to change the values of the parameters in your equation.
- Finally, click the Insert on Page button to add a screenshot of the graph to your page.
The updated OneNote app is now available to download from the Windows Store.
RELATED STORIES YOU NEED TO CHECK OUT:
- OneNote now solves math equations, replays handwritten notes
- Windows 10 OneNote gets more space and faster note recovery
- Windows 10 OneNote receives enhanced password protection features
Blu-ray is, without doubt, the most powerful video content hub today, which is a marked improvement to the preceding DVD medium. However, its convenience of […]
Microsoft PowerPoint presentations usually contain important, sometimes classified, documents. Hence, most people tend to password-protect such documents against unauthorized access. However, what happens if you […]
The reception desk is the face and voice of any organization. An automated receptionist software simplifies the entire process of visitor management. Whether it’s the customer, […]