At the beginning of this month, we reported that the official OverDrive Media Console app for Windows 8 users had recevied a big update and not even two weeks later, it gets another one.
The OverDrive Media Console App for Windows 8 lets you download eBooks and audiobooks from your library to your Windows 8.1 device, and it comes with a really nice design and features, along the way, as well. The app is available for Windows 8 and Windows RT users alike and can be downloaded completely for free by following the link at the end of the article. According to the latest version made available via the changelog, here’s what’s new:
- it’s now possible to browse library sites inside the app
- the option of syncing Adobe IDs using OverDrive accounts has been made available
- Various other bug fixes and improvements
OverDrive Media Console App for Windows 8 welcomes a new update
OverDrive Media Console gives you on-the-go access to eBooks and audiobooks from your public, school, or college library. More than 28,000 libraries, schools and retailers worldwide offer best-selling and classic titles via OverDrive, use the ‘Add a library’ feature or ‘Search Charm’ in the app to find a library near you. How do library eBooks and audiobooks work? Digital titles from your library are borrowed just like print material. Once you find your library, you can browse your library’s digital collection website in the browser, borrow a title with a valid library card, and download the title directly to your Windows 8.1 device.
And here are some things you need to keep in mind while making use of the latest features:
- OverDrive Media Console (OMC) v3.0 (or newer) must be installed on all devices
- OMC must be authorized with the same Adobe ID on all devices
- The same OverDrive account and Adobe ID must be used to log in on all devices
- Titles must be downloaded to all devices