- Overwatch is a brightly-colored multiplayer shooter that you can enjoy with your friends on Windows, Switch, PS4, and Xbox One.
- If you're wondering how to reduce ping in Overwatch or how to play on other game servers, use one of the VPN apps below.
- To stay in touch with Blizzard's game, visit our Overwatch section.
- Bookmark our Gaming VPN Hub to see how VPNs can improve your games.
Overwatch is a multiplayer FPS that you can play on Windows PC, Nintendo Switch, PlayStation 4, and Xbox One. It’s one of the most colorful shooters you can play with your friends.
Teams of 6 players meet in combat and fight for objectives to decide which one is the best. You can choose from more than 30 heroes, each having a unique combat style, earn rewards to customize your characters, and explore various maps.
Overwatch runs multiple game servers worldwide, including the United States, Europe, Australia, and Asia. If you’re having slowdowns within the game or if you want to play on another server, you can use a VPN to reduce high ping in Overwatch and switch game servers.
To make this happen, you need a VPN app with numerous servers across all continents that can spoof your IP address and circumvent geoblocks. It shouldn’t hamper your connection speed due to encryption and, at the same time, it should protect you from DDoS attacks.
Developed by Kape Technologies, Private Internet Access (PIA) is the best VPN for Overwatch that you can use to reduce ping. It provides you with over 3,200 servers in 46 countries, and you can quickly connect to the nearest VPN server to get the best speed.
PIA supports OpenVPN but gives you the possibility to deactivate encryption if you want to increase the connection speed while playing Overwatch. It’s one of the best VPNs for Windows 10.
What you should know about PIA:
- Choose between static and dynamic IP addresses
- Prevent DDoS attacks while you play Overwatch
- No-logging policy
- 30-day money-back guarantee (no free trial)
Private Internet Access
Eliminate lags and improve your network connection speed while playing Overwatch with the help of this VPN app.
CyberGhost VPN is another software application that provides an excellent Overwatch VPN solution. It’s also owned by Kape Technologies. You can connect to more than 6,400 servers spread across 89 countries, which are also in regions that host Overwatch game servers.
With CyberGhost VPN, you don’t have to worry about Internet slowdowns since it’s one of the fastest VPN apps. At the same time, you can defend your router from hackers, thanks to superior security features. Plus, it’s the only free VPN for Overwatch on this list.
What you should know about CyberGhost VPN:
- Eliminates lag and speeds up your Overwatch game server
- Enhances your gaming experience and protects your DNS requests
- Doesn’t track your VPN activities
- 45-day money-back guarantee (1-day free trial, no credit card)
Overcome frustration while playing Overwatch due to high ping using this VPN app.
BullGuard VPN is an easy VPN for Overwatch that you can use to get rid of delays while playing with your friends. You can even connect to a West Coast VPN server in Overwatch. It comes with a kill switch that cuts off your Internet connection in case of unexpected drops, in order to protect your privacy.
Created by BullGuard, this VPN solution offers more than 2,000 VPN servers in 16 countries. It also works for streaming and torrenting. Besides, BullGuard VPN is one of the best VPNs for Windows 8 and 8.1.
What you should know about BullGuard VPN:
- Improves your Internet connection speed when playing Overwatch
- Shields you from DDoS attacks
- No data logs
- 30-day money-back guarantee (no free trial)
Reduce ping and switch to other Overwatch game servers using this VPN service.
To sum up, if you’re having trouble with high ping when playing this game published by Blizzard, you can use the best VPNs for Overwatch to reduce ping and lag, speed up your network connection, and ultimately improve your gaming experience. You can also turn to VPN solutions if you want to switch to Overwatch servers in other regions.
FAQ: Learn more about Overwatch and VPN
- Should you use a VPN for better ping in Overwatch?
Yes, you should use a VPN to get a better ping when playing Overwatch. Just connect to a VPN server that’s in the same location as the Overwatch game server.
- How to VPN to West Coast in Overwatch?
Get started by downloading and installing one of the VPN apps above. If you’re unsure, download PIA. Launch PIA and connect to a VPN server from the West Coast, like US West or US California. Launch Overwatch, connect to the West Coast server and enjoy the game with low ping.
- Can you use VPN in Overwatch?
Yes, you can use a VPN in Overwatch to reduce ping and play in other regions. You won’t get banned unless you use the VPN to violate the terms and conditions, like trying to get lower prices with VPN.
- How to see ping in Overwatch?
The game has a built-in ping counter, so you just have to turn it on to see the ping in Overwatch. Go to Options > Video, enable Display Performance Stats, and activate Show Network Latency.