In the past, we’ve talked only about the desktop version of 1Password for Windows users, but now it seems that AgileBits has made available the software as an app on the Windows Store and also for Windows Phone users.
If you are look for a reliable password manager app for your Windows or Windows Phone device, then you can now consider 1Password as an option, as well. The app is still in its Alpha version, but you can already download it for free from the Windows Store and on your Windows Phone handset, as well. Here’s how the official description of the app sounds like:
1Password will give you the security you need in today’s online world without slowing you down. 1Password will make you more productive while simultaneously increasing your security with strong, unique passwords for all your accounts and will keep all of your important information encrypted and secure.
Here are the most important features of the app:
- open an existing .opvault folder on your device or in your Dropbox account (as a primary or secondary vault)
- See and use your 1Password data, including synced changes from any other device
- Copy the value of user name, password, or other field for use anywhere on your device
The most recent version of the app for Windows Phone and Windows users also lets you sort OneDrive folders by name and displays OneDrive path instead of the folder id for connected vaults. Here are some other changes and updates:
- added more strings to localization files
- trashed folders and items are not visible anymore
- fixed looping sync when synced vault is empty or contains deleted items only
- fixed crash on Manage Vaults page when there is no network connection
- fixed lagging sync for OneDrive/Dropbox, we expect changes to be visible within seconds now
- fixed some typos and improved some messages
- fixed case when passwords sometimes were not concealed