Photos app for Windows 10 Mobile gets a massive update, here’s what’s new
Microsoft recently updated the Photos app in Windows 10 Mobile to version 16.412.13342.0. The new update makes it possible to do countless new things even if, in our minds, the app still lags in development compared to similar apps on Android and iOS.
Nonetheless, its features coupled with the improvements here are make for quite a positive chnage, so it should at least get some fans of the Windows 10 Mobile platform excited.
Here’s the full changelog:
- Save still photos from videos and living images
- Slow-motion videos taken with a Windows phone can now be edited on your PC
- When importing photos to a PC, quickly clear and select all
- View your OneDrive storage usage in Settings
- Adjust the lighting in photos taken with a Windows phone using rich HDR
- New OneDrive pictures appear more quickly in Collection
- Items now stay selected until you cancel or take action on them
- Bug fixes
One thing we need to point out: the ability to save still photos from videos never worked for us. We’ve tried several times from several videos and received nothing but errors. This might be due to the fact we’re using a Lumia 920 or it could be the feature itself. Still, we like that it now possible to view OneDrive storage usage in the Settings are and how pictures from OneDrive appear much rapidly in the Photos app Collection area.
Overall, it’s a decent update but we only wish it did more — to think Microsoft has been working on this app for so long and it still continues to disappoint lets us down
The new Photos app can be downloaded from the Windows Store.
Microsoft is all set to launch its next big update, Windows 10 version 1809 in October. While that should be a nice piece of news […]
The Windows 10 October 2018 Update (otherwise 18H2) rollout might now be two to three weeks away. For the last few months, new build previews […]