Windows 10 build 14942 brought a series of hot features to Fast Ring Insiders, being the first Redstone 2 build to pack major new features. The Photos app is one of the “luckiest” app, receiving five new features for both Windows 10 and Xbox One.
Once you install the latest Photos app update on your PC, you’ll notice that the app is now more beautiful and easier to navigate. Thanks to a new navigation bar and animations, you can easily view your Albums and keep track of where you are browsing.
The Photos app received 4 new features on Windows 10 PC:
- The horizontal navigation bar makes it easier to view memories by Albums and Folders.
- The new light viewing mode allows your photo collection to shine. Of course, you can always go to Settings and restore the dark theme.
- New animations have been added in and out of the Collection view when viewing photos in full screen. Thanks to this new feature, it’s easier to keep track of where you are browsing.
- Full screen is now supported, allowing you to see individual photos more quickly with your mouse.
The Photos app is finally available on your Xbox One
This is perhaps the best feature the Photos app received with this build. Back in August, we reported that the Photos app was already visible in the Xbox Store, and its availability on the console was just a matter of time. Now you can show off a slideshow of all your OneDrive photos in your living room. All you need to do is sign in with your Microsoft account, and you’ll be able to see all your OneDrive photos on the big screen.
By adding Photos app support on the Xbox One, Microsoft just took another major leap in the integration between Windows 10 and Xbox One.
RELATED STORIES YOU NEED TO CHECK OUT:
- Windows 10 Photos app gets better at handling mouse actions
- Fix: Photos App Problems in Windows 10
- Krita 3.0 is an amazing free Windows 10 painting app, takes on Photoshop