- Windows 10 has brought many improvements including improved security via PIN and face recognition.
- PIN is stored locally and is tied to a TPM chip, changes to the chip will result in the PIN not recognized.
- Check out the Windows Hello section for more great articles with guides and recommendations.
- If you want to solve any Windows issues, check out the Windows 10 Errors Troubleshooting Hub.
4. Switch to a local account and add a PIN code
- Go to Settings > Accounts and locate your account.
- Click Sign in with a Local Account instead.
- Follow the instructions to set up a local account.
- Sign out and sign in to your local account.
- Now add a PIN code.
- After you’ve added your PIN code you need to locate your account under the Accounts section in Settings.
- Choose Sign in with a Microsoft Account instead.
5. Remove and recreate your PIN
- Open the Settings app and navigate to the Accounts section.
- From the menu on the left select Sign-in options.
- In the right panel, locate the PIN section and click the Remove button.
- Click the Remove button once again to confirm that you want to remove your PIN.
- Now enter your account password and click OK.
Note: After doing that, your PIN should be completely removed. Now you need to add your PIN again. To see how to add your PIN, be sure to check Solution 1 for detailed instructions.
6. Press Tab on the login screen
This is a simple workaround, and several users reported that it works, so feel free to try it out. We have to mention that this isn’t a permanent solution, so you’ll have to use it every time you want to login to your PC.
On the login screen, you have to press the Tab key on your keyboard. After doing that, you should see a password input field. Here, click on Sign in Options and enter your PIN.
Frequently Asked Questions
If it is not available on your computer, in our guide you can find simple solutions to make Windows Hello work.
This is a common PIN related issue and you can solve it by following our guide for PIN isn’t available.
There is a simple solution you can find in our log in to Windows 10 without a password guide.