PlanGrid is construction software designed for the field, packing real-time updates and seamless file synching over cellular networks and Wi-Fi. The application replaces paper blueprints and introduces a collaborative platform that allows you to share construction information such as progress photos, issue management, and field markups.
The PlanGrid application was first released for the iPad back in March 2012 and in September 2012, the application was also released as an iPhone application. Finally, in May 2014, PlanGrid was released as an Android application.
Now, PlanGrid will work on Windows 7 and later. It is good to know this application now works on Windows 10 Mobile as well, which means that you will be able to use it on your desktop, laptop or tablet.
- Fast, smooth sheet viewing: Effortlessly navigate your sheets; zoom in and out with ease;
- Multiple windows for side-by-side comparison: Compare sheets without jumping back and forth between screens;
- Offline mode: Take your project anywhere, even when there’s no internet. PlanGrid will update when you’re back online;
- Snap-to annotations: Make detailed markups and take accurate measurements—everything automatically snaps to the nearest 45 degree angle;
- Estimates and measurements: Take multiple measurements and report totals back to your team faster than ever.
We remind you that the PlanGrid application is free but in order to use all its features, you will need an active subscription. The lowest subscription is $39/month per user for 550 sheets. PlanGrid can be downloaded and installed from the Apple Store, Google Play Store and Windows Store or from its official website.
Have you used PlanGrid before? Tell us your thoughts about this application!