What is Power BI?
Power BI is a tool that can make other tools, apps, and software services work together. So, the main purpose of Power BI is to take these many sources of data and to turn them into one coherent set of information.
Also, the product is described by many as a business analytics service.
Therefore, you can organize and visualize your data in a unique way that will give you valuable insight regarding your work.
What are the main elements of Power BI?
Power BI consists of three main elements:
- Power BI Desktop, which is the Windows application.
- Power BI service, which is a software service, providing cloud-based services.
- Mobile apps for devices with Android, Windows, and iOS.
With these main elements, people could work in Power BI efficiently, using the full potential of the Internet through the online service and also using the mobility provided by smartphones.
Simply put, you can organize your data from any location without much effort. Got your phone and your Internet connection and there you have it!
What are the most important Power BI features?
- Embed visuals in your website or application.
- Share visual analytics with your peers.
- Create your own data-visuals or choose from over 100 models.
- Ability to connect to hundreds of data sources both in the cloud and on premises.
- Transform and mix data from multiple sources with the help of just a few clicks.