Fix for Firefox 66 and Microsoft PowerPoint Online bug incoming
A discussion on Bugzilla reveals that when Firefox 66 is used to connect to Microsoft PowerPoint Online, the content isn’t saved and any edits that users add to their presentations are lost.
A fix is already prepared for the Nightly build of Firefox for testing purposes, while the stable version of the browser should get it pretty soon.
One of Mozilla’s engineers said:
What I’d like us to do if we can do it quickly, is ship this fix via Normandy with just the powerpoint domain (since we have no evidence of other sites breaking). If we can do that tomorrow, then we will be clear to unthrottle the 66 release and ship it to 100% of the release channel population.
What’s new in the upcoming update?
- New backend for the storage.local WebExtensions API, providing I/O performance improvements when the extension updates a small subset of the stored data.WebExtension keyboard shortcuts will be managed or overridden from about: addons.
- Increased content processes to 8: Added capability to search through open tabs from the tab overflow menu.
- Improved scrolling behavior: Firefox will attempt to keep content from jumping around while a page is loading by supporting scroll anchoring .New about:privatebrowsing with search.
You can read more about this Firefox version on the support page.
What will be changed
Firefox will block all autoplay media with sound by default. Users will be able to add individual sites to an exceptions list or turn the blocking off. System title bar will be hidden by default to match Gnome guideline.
RELATED STORIES TO CHECK OUT:
- Download Windows Defender Application Guard on Chrome and Firefox
- How to disable delete browsing history options on Firefox/Chrome/Edge
The modern wireless printers allow users to print using their phone and computer wirelessly. Sometimes, that dynamic duo might not work as printer and phone […]
Because trading stocks is a hard area of business as it is, getting some help when it comes to coordination of stocks and help with […]
Visualization is crucial in Power BI. Therefore, this feature should run smoothly. But this is not always the case. Many users reported various visual errors […]