Netflix is one of the most popular subscription-based online streaming services. The platform contains a huge library of movies and TV shows.
Some Windows 10 users reported experiencing an annoying connectivity issue with Netflix.
The error message Sorry, there was a problem communicating with Netflix. Please try again disallows access to the video content.
If you’re stuck with this error, we have a series of fixes meant to allow you to access Netflix content.
What to do if there was a problem communicating with Netflix
1. Reload the page
The first thing you should do is try refreshing the Netflix web page.
Simply click the Refresh button on your browser or press Ctrl + R in order to reload the page and see if it fixed the issue.
2. Restart your computer
Running apps and tasks could be interfering with the proper running of Netflix.
Reboot your PC and see if this fixes the issue.
3. Check your internet connection
- Perform an online speed test to check your internet speed and ping
- Try loading other web sites to see if they load quickly, without interruptions
- Perform a hard reset on your modem/router
- Make sure to have your PC connected to the internet through a wired connection instead of Wi-fi
- If you notice that your internet connection is running slower than usual, contact your internet provider and inform them about this issue.
4. Update your video card driver
- Press the Windows logo key + R on your keyboard > type devmgmt.msc and hit Enter to open the Device Manager
- Expand the Display adapters section in the Device Manager Window
- Right click on each available video card driver > select Update
- Select Search automatically for updated driver software and wait for the process to finish
- After the update is done restart your computer and check to see if it fixed the issue
5. Get the Netflix app
Try downloading and installing the Netflix app for Windows and see if content loading works.
We hope that at least one of these solutions helped you to fix this Netflix error message. If you came across other working solutions, please share them in the comment section below.