A computer process refers to software, a service, a task, or an instance of a program on your PC that is actually running or is being executed.
It can refer to anything that is running on your computer, such as background tasks that you don’t see on the front, or a program that you use, like your browser or Excel.
A computer program is just a collection of instructions, and a process (compound from one or multiple threads) is the execution of them.
Quick solutions for computer processes issues
- How to stop all processes in Windows 10
- Not enough memory resources to process this command [Fix]
- The thread is already in background processing mode [Fix]
- [Solved] Multiple Google Chrome background processes
- Unable to terminate process error in Windows 10
If you want to learn more about how to troubleshoot Windows issues, don’t hesitate to visit our System Errors section.