Project Madeira preview app for Windows 10 offers new business solutions
Microsoft’s Project Madeira app is now available in the Microsoft Store for Windows 10. This app helps companies stay productive and better manage their quotes, invoices and other essential indicators within Microsoft Office 365.
The preview version in only available in the US. However, the tech giant has already confirmed that the final version of Project Madeira will be launched in the US during the second half of 2016 and other countries will follow. For the time being we don’t know whether the preview version will be released to other countries as well.
Project Madeira aims at connecting business processes with the productivity tools in Office 365 to help small and midsize businesses increase their sales, manage finances and streamline operations. The app is a public cloud service and runs on Microsoft Azure. Businesses can use the service on the web or via a dedicated Windows 10 app compatible with all the three major platforms: Windows, iOS and Android.
This is what Project Madeira promises to deliver:
- A new level of productivity – by reducing the time wasted switching back and forth between business applications and emails. The apps automatically identifies business context such as invoices and quote requests within Outlook, and presents the user with the tools and data needed to take immediate action without leaving Outlook.
- Cloud first – the app is a multi-tenant public cloud service on Microsoft Azure, meaning that companies can quickly access it, manage costs while their data is protected in Microsoft’s data centers.
- Mobile first – the app is especially developed for mobiles with great user experience on all the other devices as well.
- Built for growth – the app is s a comprehensive business management solution for growing companies that have between 10 to 100 employees. These are companies that need more complex financial and accounting tools, but aren’t ready to invest a great amount of money in a customized enterprise resource planning system.
Microsoft informs that Project Madeira will be available in public preview over the next several months as the company collects feedback and improves the user experience. You can sign up for the preview here.
For more information, go to Microsoft’s page and help them fine-tune their app.
RELATED STORIES YOU NEED TO CHECK OUT:
- Office 365 updated with new features you definitely need to check out
- Office 365 Admin universal app in the works for Windows 10 users
- You can now use Office for free on the new iPad Pro
- Enterprises Tend to Adopt Windows 10 This Year
In the world of smartphones and busy people, a large chunk of the population relies heavily on sending SMS. Whether it’s a personal message or a […]
Error 0xca00a000 is a Windows Update error that arises for some users. The full error message states: 2018-07 Cumulative Update for Windows 10 Version 1803 for […]