PlayerUnknown’s Battlegrounds was just released into Xbox Game Preview on the Xbox One X. but, this triggered both good and bad news.
The good news is that the game received some visual enhancements, hitting 4K resolution on Xbox One X and the bad news is that players discovered the fact that the game does not provide the perfect experience that everyone was hoping for. It suffers from substantial frame-rate issues across both Xbox One X and Xbox One consoles.
Results after game analysis
Digital Foundry analyzed the game while it was running on both consoles and it found that while the Xbox One X sports an advantage of 5-10 frames per second, it still dips below 30FPS. There were moments when the game hit around 10FPS on both consoles and neither the Xbox One X or the Xbox One could hold a constant 30FPS for an extended period.
After tests, the results showed that PlayerUnknown’s Battlegrounds running on Xbox One X was able to hit full 4K resolution and the textures were significantly better in comparison with the Xbox One.
PlayerUnknown’s Battlegrounds is enhanced for Xbox One X, and the improvements are quite substantial.
Improvements on Xbox One X
- Native rendering resolution goes up from 1080p to full 4K.
- Texture details get significantly updated, but they are still a bit behind the standards set by most console titles.
- Foliage draw distance receives a considerable boost on Microsoft’s 4K console.
Overall, we are talking about a massive upgrade compared to what base Xbox users were used to.
Microsoft is not offering a one-hour free trial for the game yet, and this is why you should make sure that you are aware of what you’re purchasing before doing so. PlayerUnknown’s Battlegrounds still has a long way before it’s perfectly stable and optimized.
RELATED STORIES TO CHECK OUT:
- PlayerUnknown’s Battlegrounds to get physical Xbox One disc release
- PlayerUnknown’s Battlegrounds to get 3D positional audio for enhanced realism
- PlayerUnknown’s Battlegrounds is affected by severe camera bugs