Eve reveals the specs of its Pyramid Flipper Windows 10 device
Finnish company Eve started a revolution in how tablets are made. It allowed regular people to take part in the development process and in the end, the community was able to design the tablet to their specification. That’s how Eve Pyramid Flipper 2-in-1 Windows 10 device was born.
After some time of collecting feedback from its forum, Eve finally revealed the official specs of the Pyramid Flipper. Powered by a 6th generation Intel Skylake processor, the device will feature a 12/12.5 inch screen with the resolution of 2160 x 1440 pixels (or better). The Pyramid Flipper will also contain at least 8GB of RA and will sport at least 10 hours of battery life. Check out the full specs list below:
- Display: 12-12.5 LCD IPS 2160 x 1440 pixels (or better)
- Processor: Intel 6th gen Core m 6YXX “Skylake”
- Graphics: Intel HD Graphics
- RAM: LPDDR3, 8GB (or more)
- Digital Pen: Digitizer-enabled Pen, 256 pressure levels (or more)
- Storage: SSD, options: 128GB, 256GB (or more)
- Battery: 10 hours (or better)
- Wireless: WiFi ac 2×2, WiDi or Miracast, wireless streaming, Bluetooth 4.0, GPS
- Camera: Front: 720P HD auto focus (or better)
- Audio: Stereo speakers (or better)
- Sensors: Luminosity, Magnetometer, Gyroscope, Hall Effect, NFC
- Ports and Connections: USB 3.1 gen 2 Type A, USB 2.0 Type A, USB 3.1 gen 2 Type C, Thunderbolt 3.1, 3.5mm audio, MicroSDXC
- OS: Windows 10
- Size: TBA
As you can see from the list, these are not final specs of the product and further changes are possible. The device will start shipping this summer, but the exact release date and price are still unknown. You can subscribe for news on Eve’s official website and receive the latest details about the product in your inbox.
First ever crowd-developed device
Many of you probably haven’t heard of Eve, but company’s philosophy of making its product definitely deserves attention. Instead of forcing users to deal with what’s offered, the company gives them a chance to develop the product themselves.
Eve launched a community where thousands of tech enthusiasts participated in creating the Eve Pyramid Flipper, with users basically choosing every feature of the device. This ‘user-first’ philosophy deserves respect because it provides users with a way of getting what they want. Also, if users become unsatisfied with the device, they can’t blame Eve as the company fulfilled their wishes.
We assume that Eve was inspired by Microsoft’s Windows 10 Insider program in which users have an opportunity to test system features before their commercial release. Eve brought this philosophy to an entirely new level by giving users access to an actual development of the device. We fully support this project by Eve, and we hope it will bring the company a lot of success because it definitely needs more recognition.
What do you think about Eve Pyramid Flipper? Would you buy a tablet designed by other users? Let us know in the comments below!
If you’re new to Waze and want to know how to change the guiding voice in your app, then you came to the right place. […]
One of the biggest differences between Waze and other GPS navigation software is the alerts system. Waze benefits from a user input system that allows […]