Radio refers to the wireless transmission of signals through free space by electromagnetic radiation of a frequency significantly below visible light.
It is a technology for transmissions and communications using radio waves in the frequency range from about 30 kHz to 300 GHz.
This technology is used in almost any mobile device, such as phones, walkie talkie, radars, radio and television broadcasting, and so much more.
However, we also use the word to describe an electronic device capable of receiving and converting these radio waves and information carried by them to a usable form.
Nowadays, there are many radio broadcasting channels and we use the radio device from our home, or cars to listen to them. Also, we can play them in our browsers, using the Internet connection.
Useful information about radio apps
- 7 best internet radio apps & media players for Windows 10
- 5 of the best radio tuner software for Windows 10 PCs
- Best radio automation software tools for your Windows PC
- 4 best software to record online FM radio
- 8 best audio recorders for streaming music and radio
If you want to learn more about radio and tools to edit and record music, check our comprehensive Audio Software section.