R.B.I. Baseball 17 coming to Xbox One this spring
Major League Baseball has licensed R.B.I. Baseball 17 for launch on the Xbox One in the spring of this year for its fourth season. The comeback also highlights National League Rookie of the Year Corey Seager of the Los Angeles Dodgers as the cover star. Seager, from Northwest Cabarrus High School in Kannapolis, N.C., smashed 26 home runs in 2016 and won a Silver Slugger with 193 hits.
R.B.I. Baseball 17 will hit Microsoft’s consoles with all 30 MLB teams along with more than 1,000 players and the full membership of the Major League Baseball Players Association. The game will be available on April 2 for $19.99 on gaming consoles and $4.99 on Android and iOS devices.
The game will ship with a slew of features, including:
- Accessible, Fast-Paced, Fun: Play a full nine-inning game in under 20 minutes with easy-to-use two button controls.
- Awesome Game Modes: Season, Postseason, Exhibition and Online and Local Multiplayer, including season saving and siming capabilities.
- Authentic MLB Experience: Play with all 30 MLB teams, 30 detailed ballparks and over 1,000 MLB Players with detailed attributes.
- Your Team, Your Way: Modify your lineup with complete MLB rosters or play classic R.B.I baseball rosters. Stay current with downloadable roster updates throughout the 2017 season.
- Stats: Track your season stats by team, player and league leaders across multiple seasons.
The game will also feature two-button controls and several modes including Season, Postseason, and Exhibition as well as online and local multiplayer.
Tengen originally published R.B.I. Baseball for the Nintendo Entertainment System in 1988. Then, MLB’s Advanced Media division re-launched the game in 2014 as a licensed property. If you are a fan of NES classic, you might be pleased to see real clubs, players, and ballparks of MLB in the gameplay style. It isn’t clear yet when and if the game will be up for a physical disc launch.
Will you be playing R.B.I. Baseball 17 this spring? Let us know!
“A picture is worth a thousand words” is a popular English idiom and the quote perfectly describes digital marketing or marketing strategies in general that […]
While the winter arrives with the joy of Christmas, it also brings the freezing weather along. Of course, there’s the fireplace to warm you up, […]
Recent comments on Reddit would suggest that Microsoft is still not playing the game when it comes to collecting data on its users. This is […]