- Skype is a great instant messaging service, but many users reported various issues with it.
- According to users, they can’t sign in at all due to Sorry we didn’t recognize your sign in details error message.
- To fix this problem, check your antivirus settings or try using Skype for Web as a workaround.
- This is just one of the many Skype issues that you can encounter. If you have additional problems with Skype, check our Skype hub for more solutions.
5. Use Facebook login to sign-in to Skype
If you can’t sign-in to Skype due to Sorry we didn’t recognize your sign in details error, you might want to try logging in with your Facebook account instead.
According to users, they weren’t able to sign-in to Skype before, but after trying to log in with their Facebook account the issue was resolved completely.
This is just a workaround, but it might work for you, so feel free to try it out.
6. Check the status of Skype’s services
Sometimes you might encounter Sorry we didn’t recognize your sign in details Skype error because Skype services aren’t available.
If you can’t sign in on your desktop client, Skype for Web, and on the mobile version of Skype, it’s rather likely that Skype is having some server issues.
You can always check if there are any issues with Skype’s servers by doing to the https://support.skype.com/en/status.
There you can see all Skype services and their status. If Signing into Skype or any other service is having issues, that might prevent you from signing in to Skype.
Since this is a server issue, Microsoft is most likely aware of it, and it should be fixed in a matter of hours. If all Skype’s services are working normally, but you still can’t sign-in, the problem might be something else.
7. Check your username and password
If you can’t sign in to Skype due to Sorry we didn’t recognize your sign in details error, the problem might be your login information.
Sometimes you might not enter the sign-in information correctly, and that can cause this error to appear. If you’re completely certain that your sign-in information is correct, it’s possible that your account is hacked.
To fix this, be sure to reset your Skype password and try signing in with a new password.
If the new password doesn’t work, the issue is related to Skype’s services or your Skype client.
8. Disable third-party applications and proxy
Sorry we didn’t recognize your sign in details error can appear due to third-party applications on your PC.
If you’re using a VPN, temporarily disable it and check if that solves the problem.
Some users use a proxy in order to protect their privacy, and if you’re one of those users, you might want to consider disabling it in order to solve this issue. To do that, you need to do the following:
- Press Windows Key + I to open the Settings app.
- When Settings app opens, navigate to Network & Internet section.
- From the menu on the left select Proxy. Now turn off all options in the right pane.
After doing that, your proxy should be disabled and the issues with Skype will be resolved. If disabling proxy or VPN solves the issue, you might want to consider switching to a different VPN client.
Skype is one of the most popular messaging services in the world, and Sorry we didn’t recognize your sign in details error message can be problematic, especially if you use Skype frequently.
As you can see, this problem can be easily fixed, and we hope that you solved this issue by using one of our solutions.
Editor’s Note: This post was originally published in August 2016 and has been since revamped and updated in March 2020 for freshness, accuracy, and comprehensiveness.
Frequently Asked Questions
The most common cause of this problem is a damaged Skype installation. To fix it, try reinstalling Skype.
After you delete your Skype account, all data your Skype data will be permanently removed.
To open Skype in the browser, go to Skype’s website and sign in. Click your name in the top right corner and choose Use Skype online from the menu.